1.4 16v Induction

nate03

Friday :-)
Oct 20, 2004
Troon
Im keen to add an induction kit to my Dab, and since its in the rare 100bhp form, there arent many induction kits made for it, if any! Just wondering if i should go for a kit for the 1.4 16v 75bhp kit, and if there would be any differences, or to go for an induction kit for a lupo sport or polo with the 100bhp engine.

Also while looking on ebay i found this, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMP-Twin-76mm...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330015901764

Ive Never heard of the make and wondered if anyone had fitted or used one of these exhausts before!

Cheers,

Nate

Triple D

try these www.inductionkits.co.uk , thats where i got my green cotton induction kit from for my old 1.4 16v (75bhp) iirc was about 100 quid all in.sounded good, looked good aswell.

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
I have a link to a place in Tunbridge wells that does custom/bespoke CAI for all cars, did one on my mates lupo sport the other day (1.4 16v, same engine)
www.alltechgarage.com

They also do re-maps, brake upgrades etc.
Hope this helps! :D

loonymoon

stu666

Stuart
Nov 8, 2006
Scotland
PK325C2.jpg

Looks quite nice actually, getting tempted only £87

Dunno how an ibiza would sound with it though, had a similar 1 on ma sax vtr sounded ace!

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
You should check out my mates lupo induction, no silly plastic, just polished steel and silicone hose with filter behind bumper for £125 all in.

stu666

Stuart
Nov 8, 2006
Scotland
also does any1 have a 1.4 16v 75ps, could you measure the diameter on the air intake so i can check the 100ps 1 is the same

loonymoon

also does any1 have a 1.4 16v 75ps, could you measure the diameter on the air intake so i can check the 100ps 1 is the same

I have but am engine incompetant... if you told me where to measure I might be able to help!! I'm guessing it's the bit where the red tube is going on the pic above... this is under the plastic cover... is the cover easy to get off (don't want to snap anything!!)

Last edited:

stu666

Stuart
Nov 8, 2006
Scotland
yeh it is, the cover jus pulls up, you have to pull quite hard and watch out for the breather pipe.

If your not to sure about it then jus leave it, wouldnt like u to damage ur ride m8

loonymoon

yeh it is, the cover jus pulls up, you have to pull quite hard and watch out for the breather pipe.

If your not to sure about it then jus leave it, wouldnt like u to damage ur ride m8

I might have a look at the weekend (in the light is always easier!!). I'll let you know if I'm successful but anyone else here who has a 75ps who's more competant than me please feel free to have a go first.

I've not really seen the engine of my car ( the cover is damn ugly really) so I'd be interested in having a look anyway...

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not one of these girlies who never opens the bonnet, know where the oil, water, fluids and battery etc go, I'm just not up on the more technical bits (though I'd like to be!!). I'm better at motorcycle engines, I know where most of the bits are on my honda, but then they're not hidden under plastic covers or a bonnet!!

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Pictures as promised... :D
induction.jpg

lupo3.jpg

Don't drool too much! :happy:

Having a filter in the engine bay will suck up the already warm air inside, whereas the one above sucks cold air behind the fog light.

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
wouldnt bother with induction kit, the cars slow enough as it,would only make it slower! as i found at when i had one as a hire car!

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
loony im guessing you know how to take the cover off? well pull upwards on each side of the cover... the air box is inside that (11 screws that do not need to be taken all the way out) i have switched from my k&n replacement cover for my seat service on sat just put a paper one in that looks unused lol oh well... i can get you the number of my replacement filter if u want me to.... then easy as 1 2 3 to order...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.