Feeler - Leon Cupra R (Ovni Yellow)

TurboBanana

Now then...
I'm looking at changing my motor pretty soon...just wondered how much the Cupra R is worth. Here is the spec...

SEAT Leon Cupra R (210)
2003 '03 plate
Ovni Yellow (The best colour IMHO)
62k miles on clock

Completely standard other than APR Remap (255bhp)

...err dunno what else needs including...

EXCELLENT condition...clean, tidy, no dings, dents serviced regularly etc.

Taxed & MOT's til March 2007, plenty of tread on all four tyres...

Question is...whats it worth?

Initial thought is around £9,495?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Yes put it on for £9500 but be willing to drop to around £9k and you shouldnt have any problems selling:)

Personally wouldnt take a penny under £9k for it though:)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Just to give you an idea, I paid £10.5k for a standard 03 LCR in Ovni, but with 33k miles. This was from a dealer with warranty etc. So with your higher mileage and a private sale I would say somewhere around £9.5 would be fair :)

TurboBanana

Nice one...cheers...whats best do you reckon...whack it on forums first or get it on Auto Trader?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Forums are a good start, as it's free and people will hopefully know you so wont think you're a cowboy!
Then PistonHeads if that fails, then AutoTrader and if the worst comes to the worst, eBay!

You could always try shopping it around Seat dealers to see how much they will give you. No harm in asking :)

One thing I would suggest, is getting lots and lots of nice pictures. Give it a good clean inside and out and get loads of photos showing it off. Putting a little effort into this sort of thing might make you stand out against the other LCR's out there.

Also bear in mind that a remapped car is a big positive for some people... but a big negative for others. So if you're having no luck advertising it as a modified, remapped car... see if you can put it back to standard and advertise it like that.

Last edited:

TurboBanana

Cheers m8...already got replacement motor sorted so just need to sell LEON for cash...

Worth a try though m8 ;)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
thats scary!
its just the time of year, if i was looking now like i was when i bought mine id have bitten your hand off

panholio

Jun 26, 2006
Leeds
Tis a bad time of year for selling. £7995 is way too cheap, ironically it might be putting people off.

Chris 16v

Nov 10, 2005
tbh i think it needs to be that price because a remap puts a lot of people off, a remap plus 62k (getting into new turbo/clutch etc) will put most off. regardless how well looked after it is etc.

TurboBanana

Hmmm, wondered about that myself...

But to be fair, it was only remapped 20k ago...haven't had it boosted up to some ridiculous pressure...and its the APR remap, so its only remapped to 250-255bhp max.

I guess you can only take my word for it, but there are NO mechanical problems with it. Only thing i've had is the ARB bushes and drop links which had started to give a bit, all of which have been replaced so...

It was on at £8995 last week, but all i've had are messers...

Anyway, we'll see, hopefully something will come from interest over the weekend...

Cheers for you comments folks...

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
I can vouch for this car.... it really is in immaculate condition, nearly as good as mine was ;) ..... don't be put off by the cheap price, he has a new car on the way and requires a quick sale.... it really is a cracking motor.

Chris 16v

Nov 10, 2005
Beleive me it looks the part - im purely going on when i bought my lc only 3 weeks ago, there were low milage examples with remaps and i wouldnt touch them - purely because it indicates its been driven hard and i want to make sure its been cared for - ill probably remap it myself lol

The high milage on a turbo car is always an issue however well cared for, theres an element of trust but the buyer will always know the seller is trying to sell his car, not be nice. so there will always be an element of doubt.

I wish you all the best selling it, if you can, i wouuld put the map back to standard, keep that to yourself and put it up for 8.5 on autotrader :)

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Beleive me it looks the part - im purely going on when i bought my lc only 3 weeks ago, there were low milage examples with remaps and i wouldnt touch them - purely because it indicates its been driven hard and i want to make sure its been cared for - ill probably remap it myself lol

The high milage on a turbo car is always an issue however well cared for, theres an element of trust but the buyer will always know the seller is trying to sell his car, not be nice. so there will always be an element of doubt.

I wish you all the best selling it, if you can, i wouuld put the map back to standard, keep that to yourself and put it up for 8.5 on autotrader :)

I'm sorry but thats just not right.... I for one, would never lie when selling a car, I would NOT like it done to me, hence why I wouldn't do it.

Some people want LCR's and then want to remap them, buying one remapped already saves you the cost - if in doubt you could pay to have a car looked at.

You can never be sure if a car has been driven hard, remapped or not, more often than not, performance cars of all varieties will have been driven hard at some point, its the way they are looked after that is important. A well looked after remapped car would be infinately better than a non cared for non remapped car.... swings and round-a-bouts.

Last edited:

Chris 16v

Nov 10, 2005
I totally agree, swings and roundabouts, i didnt mean that i would lie to sell a car, i never have and never will, it was more a reference to the fact that i dont trust anyone selling a car, even a totally standard one, so one with a remap tends to make people assume that it has been driven hard and fast.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.