The federales stopped me today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
Damn right, I hate them with a ****ing passion. Id happily cut the throat of a copper without blinking. Total and utter scum, theyre on the same level as peadofiles in my eyes.

ONLY YOUR OWN BULLS**T MATE:ban:

gazjones

yea good piont the quicker you can get to the speed of other cars the better i would have thought but nice to see there are some good police officers about ive been pulled twice first time he was a big of a **** but second was fine. first time was for having music to loud! second for speeding but just got producer

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
Ive had a bad encounter - was pulled over for not wearing my seat belt which really peed me off as i always where it and the one time i forgot - i get fined - didnt mind the fine, but didnt appreciate the fact he was lecturing me for about 15 mins - he was a young and trying to earn some brownie points i think....

markoos

Simples!
Feb 1, 2004
Cumbernauld
Visit site
Dont have any real probs with plod myself-did have 1 wee altercation,but he let me off with just a "be a bit more careful in the future".Wifes cousin's man is a pc and a damn nice guy to boot,and is prob quite willing to give me a few insider tips.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Got no problem with the police personally, you usually only get pulled if you're doing something wrong or your car has a fault.

As for seatbelts, i put mine on before I even start the engine and i've never forgotten to put one on.

Check tyres, lights before i go for a long drive and at least once a week - if one IS gone ... I always carry a spare set as well as H7 spare bulbs just in case one of the HID lights go.

The only complaint i have about the police is that there's not enough of them stopping more people. Would rather have 5 coppers than one speed camera.

The one that booked me on the M1 for doing 100+ was a bit of a git, then again i was a bit of a tit to get caught so no complaints.

They're only doing their job so i figure you might as well be reasonable, if he's had 9 arses before you the fact that you're not one might just swing in your favour, good manners costs nothing - whether they're reciprocating or not.

beefy

Oct 28, 2006
I must say I have been very lucky with traffic cops.

Coming off a roundabout in my cordy a big black vauxhall omega comes right up behind me. I thought to myself, he is a **** and put my foot down and accelerated to about 70ish, then the road came to a 40 (I was originally on a 70) and I just kept going at 70 because he was still behind me. Then the blue lights came on and I almost left a bad smell in my pants. I quickly slowed down to 40 getting ready to pull in at the next opportunity and he came flying up beside me (there was only 1 guy in the car), put his window down and started shouting at me then drove on. He must have finised his shift or something and felt a quick shout out the window would be sufficient. phew lol

The next time I was driving to aberdeen on the motorway. I was cruising along between 80 and 90, looking at the signs "unmarked police cars in operation" but not really paying attention. At one point I was doing 90 and there was a mondeo driving about 200 yards behind me at the same speed. He continued behind me for about 2 miles, staying 200 yards away. I was starting to get suspicious, thinking this might be a cop car, if it is im getting pulled. Then I did the most stupid thing I have ever done in my life. I thought "I will accelerate away and if he stays the same distance it is a cop". Dont ask what the hell I was going through my head, Y didnt I just slow down? So I accelerated to 110mph and pulled away a little then after a few seconds there was the mondeo in my rear view mirror, 200 yards away. "Ok so it is defo the cops" i thought, slowing down to 70 and pulling into the inside lane. There was roadworks further up and the speed reduced to 50, i made sure I slowed to 50 and the mondeo pulled up beside me and my fears were confirmed, 2 cops sitting in it, one with a laptop on his knee.

The driver waved to me, I genuinely thought he was pointing for me to pull into the hard shoulder so I started indicating to pull in and slowing down. When I did this the cop speeded on ahead. I stayed at 50 mph and within about 2 mins I caught up with him, he was in the hard shoulder, pulling a honda civic.

I never ever did understand y i didnt get pulled, maybe its because I slowed down at the 50, or because the cop saw my face had went white, thought I was a ghost and was too scared to stop me. Or maybe the guy in the civic was wanted.

Or maybe it is because my car at the time was registered in my dads name, who at the time was a Detective Superintendant within the police. I thought maybe that's what the guy with the laptop was doing, checking car registration details.

roundy

Aug 19, 2006
Hampshire, UK
Damn right, I hate them with a ****ing passion. Id happily cut the throat of a copper without blinking. Total and utter scum, theyre on the same level as peadofiles in my eyes.

Think you got the wrong end of the stick, I wasn't agreing with you at all - more saying your the sort of person that fails the attitude test......hence why you've probably had a bad experience.

Oh and by the way saying things like "Id happily cut the throat of a copper without blinking." just shows what kinda person you are! Thats a bit of a harsh reaction. So one of your family joins up tomorrow - you gonna do it to them huh? You need to grow up chap....

I think you arse should get banned for comments like that.......:ban:

Jonzy

Think you got the wrong end of the stick, I wasn't agreing with you at all - more saying your the sort of person that fails the attitude test......hence why you've probably had a bad experience.

Oh and by the way saying things like "Id happily cut the throat of a copper without blinking." just shows what kinda person you are! Thats a bit of a harsh reaction. So one of your family joins up tomorrow - you gonna do it to them huh? You need to grow up chap....

I think you arse should get banned for comments like that.......:ban:

A member of my family is a copper, I refuse to talk to them or even be in the same room with them. **** em, scum. Deserve a good kicking in my eyes and if I ever get the chance I'll happily give him a kicking.

Hes a jumped up ******, like all coppers.

As for the 'attitutude test'. I dont really give a **** about my attitude, the coppers there todo a job... not give me their opinion. They can either book me or shut the **** up. Simple as really.

Last edited by a moderator:

roundy

Aug 19, 2006
Hampshire, UK
A member of my family is a copper, I refuse to talk to them or even be in the same room with them. **** em, scum. Deserve a good kicking in my eyes and if I ever get the chance I'll happily give him a kicking.

Hes a jumped up ******, like all coppers.

As for the 'attitutude test'. I dont really give a **** about my attitude, the coppers there todo a job... not give me their opinion. They can either book me or shut the **** up. Simple as really.

My word you are small minded......

You'd happily give an officer a kicking, nice.....your the sort of person that makes this country a s**t place at times.

Oh, one final note.......not one person I know thinks I am a jumped up ****** by the way :think: (but I am sure most people on here will think YOU are with an attitude like that

Jonzy

No, I just dont like the attitude of coppers. I suppose its the english way though, put up and shut up.

Maybe thats the reason the uk is in such a state.

WHYME

Apr 22, 2002
MK
Visit site
I have to say it's all down to the individual - Only ever been pulled 3 times.
1. pulled by a pair of complete ******** before for having a sunstrip? (hey it was cool back then). Gave me a complete grilling, spent ages trying to find something wrong with the car and gave me a fine. W4nkers!
2. Got frustrated waiting for a woman (50mph) to get out of the fast lane of the duel after going straight over 3 roundabouts (arrggh - overtaking and turning right only!) Undertook the silly cow and cut in front. Didn't see the cop car, pulled and given a good telling off - explained that I was a prat to get so frustrated etc etc and got away with it.
3. Got pulled about a month ago for going WAY, WAY too fast through a quiet industrial estate - should have been pretty serious! I was really polite apologised for what i'd done. Listened to what they had to say and took it on the chin - result, a few checks, and slap on the wrist. They would have been well within their rights to have thrown the book at me... but they chose not to.

Maybe you need a 'good' experience like this to change you mind jonzy - Granted some are on a power trip but there are people like that in all jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.