n75 J Fitted

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
i fitted the j valve the other day as i was told it would bring the boost on sooner, and help smooth things out a little, well i fitted it but the plug was the wrong way round so i put the valve horizontally and could just plug it in , i did however have to use a longer piece of pipe between the charge pipe and the bottom of the valve, but i have driven it but cant see any differences at all, have i fitted it wrong? or is the longer pipe affecting it?

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
who told you that bullshit?

a j valve is off an audi, it may help hold the boost for a little longer thats it. you wont notice any difference

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
I notice loads of difference. Its a totally different feel (I occaisionally swap it back to standard), definately holds longer. It knocks a few bhp off mine but its far more driveable.

Its a pig to fit around the wrong way, I did mine wrong to begin with because I could not believe that you had to stretch the cables like that, but you do.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
load of balls fellas, ive tried them and on the road theres no difference, even on a standard car never mind a remap set to run a standard f variant.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
searchy mate, ive ran a few n75's head to head on the RR, j didnt come out the best either. Id not say it if id not had experience in the matter.

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
Don't judge a N75 straight after fitting it. Give it at least 100 miles for the ecu to adapt fully and settle down to the changes. I swapped my LCR N75 from the F to the H, then tried the J, Definitely gives more of an initial kick with the J and seems to hold boost longer through the rev range. I also got a difference of 6 g/s more air flow with the J, over the standard F valve. I cut the N75 electric plug cable and soldered a couple more inches into the loom for it to reach the valve.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
searchy mate, ive ran a few n75's head to head on the RR, j didnt come out the best either. Id not say it if id not had experience in the matter.
I'm not questioning your experiences (I remember the thread), just saying that mine are a bit different. My results reflect yours on the RR, a decrease of 4bhp using the J but I find it more driveable and my best Santa Pod times have been with it (although that could just be practice kicking in)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise