Another new owner...

Somchaie

... Morning people.

I picked up my 2004 Leon Cupra R (225) on Saturday and have had an awesome weekend since, going places i didnt really need to go and attempting to visit people I knew probably would'nt be in but took a 30 min drive to get there anyway...

As I said my LCR is a 2004 and is in black magic.... sadly it has just under 50K miles on it, however it came from a VW main dealer who are going to top up the Seat warranty to 12 months. It also comes will a full Seat service history, has just been serviced and also has been given a fresh set of tyres... Well anyway it cost me £11,900 (less £8,000 for my old '03 MX5)... which I dont think was too bad

A few questions:

How often do you guys get through tyres? I've heard its about 8k miles, any recommendations to the best replacement tyres when that faithful day comes?

Anyone else from around the Cambridgeshire area? Who do they use for servicing? Marshalls in Cambridge or Stoneacre in Peterborough?

What are peoples thoughts on dump valves? What have people fitted? Any extra cost on insurance?

Stuart

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
there are a load of us meeting at snetterton on sat for a trackday if you want to come along meet fellow members and ask those questions everyone has when they buy a new motor
check out the thread or ask me for more info if you fancy it

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
is a seat stamp in the book that important to you? i'm getting mine serviced at TTS roadsport (the TT shop) in bedford. there is a cambridgeshire meet on the 17th at the dolphin hotel in st.ives, or if you fancy giving your car a run then a lot of the cambs lot are going over to milton keynes for a mass meet on wednesday. have a look in the meets section for more info. atmospheric dump valves don't work on the VAG 1.8T lumps, i've got a forge 007p replacement valve with a ramair induction kit and it sounds very similar to a whooshy BOV. forge motorsport are developing a dump valve for the 1.8T lump so if you're adamant you want one then keep an eye open on their section.

Last edited:

merlincryst

Feb 3, 2004
Cambridge
Visit site
Hi Stuart,

Did you buy the LCR from the Vindis dealership in St Ives? I just sold them my grey LCR in exchange for a Lotus :)

Anyway, with regards to tyres, I swapped the Pzeros for Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and was very happy with them. I still have two brand new ones if you are interested. Sold the car before I needed a new set on the rears. In the end I got 18K out of my original Pzeros, but I can't say I really thrashed the car day to day.

DV: I had my car remapped at Jabbasport and kept the original DV with no problems, but loads on here have changed them.

Oh, servicing, I used Autoways in Letchworth and was always very happy with the service and price. But again, a couple of folks on here will not agree....

Have fun, it is a great car

Joe P

Somchaie

there are a load of us meeting at snetterton on sat for a trackday if you want to come along meet fellow members and ask those questions everyone has when they buy a new motor
check out the thread or ask me for more info if you fancy it

I would have come along but am in Belgium this weekend!..... Do you guys visit Snetterton much? Its pretty close to me so will definately come along to the next one..

Somchaie

Hi Stuart,

Did you buy the LCR from the Vindis dealership in St Ives? I just sold them my grey LCR in exchange for a Lotus :)

Anyway, with regards to tyres, I swapped the Pzeros for Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and was very happy with them. I still have two brand new ones if you are interested. Sold the car before I needed a new set on the rears. In the end I got 18K out of my original Pzeros, but I can't say I really thrashed the car day to day.

DV: I had my car remapped at Jabbasport and kept the original DV with no problems, but loads on here have changed them.

Oh, servicing, I used Autoways in Letchworth and was always very happy with the service and price. But again, a couple of folks on here will not agree....

Have fun, it is a great car

Joe P

Yep... it came from Vindis, I orignally went there to talk to them about Lotus' but after 2 years of owning an Mx5 I decided to go practical (and being 24 mean't that Insurance was'nt very recepetive of an Elise).... apparently the "used car controller" at Vindis is ex-Seat so hes happy to stock them.

A grey one appeared down there just after I purchased mine, I think that they have two more down there as well now....

Somchaie

is a seat stamp in the book that important to you? i'm getting mine serviced at TTS roadsport (the TT shop) in bedford. there is a cambridgeshire meet on the 17th at the dolphin hotel in st.ives, or if you fancy giving your car a run then a lot of the cambs lot are going over to milton keynes for a mass meet on wednesday. have a look in the meets section for more info. atmospheric dump valves don't work on the VAG 1.8T lumps, i've got a forge 007p replacement valve with a ramair induction kit and it sounds very similar to a whooshy BOV. forge motorsport are developing a dump valve for the 1.8T lump so if you're adamant you want one then keep an eye open on their section.

I've spoken to a guy at the TT Shop to get a Feel for the Mods available so wouldn't have any problems taking it there.

Sadly cant make Wednesday.

17th at the Dolphin - I'll be there, what time is it all kicking off?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.