£448 for Seat Bembo Cupra R Brakes and Fitting

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Does £448 for OEM Brembo Disk and Pads for the front on a Seat Leon Cupra R seem a fair price? Had a lot of problems with Galfer pads killing the discs so would rather go with OEM.

Regards,

Koi.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
That's about what Seat quoted me, so in terms of main dealer prices it's about right. But I'm sure you could find the same items, or even the same discs with better pads, for less if you look around.

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
My dealer never even notice last time it went in for Warranty.... They didn't fit them, they charge to much.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
jack up the front of the car, removed both front wheels (place on axle stands, safety first!) chock the rear wheels to prevent the car moving then lift the bonnet and undo the cap for the brake fluid reservior.

to change the pads all you need to do is remove the two pins from the top of the caliper by pushing them through to the back, don't lose the piece of metal that sits on the top of the pads. if you're replacing the discs at the same time then you can wedge something between the old pads and disc to lever the pistons back into the caliper otherwise the new pads won't physically fit. refitting is the exact reverse of this.

to fit new discs you need to remove the caliper, there are two large allen key type bolts that hold the caliper in place. just take these out and move the caliper to one side but make sure it is supported somewhere and not just swinging in the wind. then to remove the disc you need a phillips screwdriver to undo one screw then the disc should come straight off. if it doesn't then give it a couple of taps with a hammer to loosen it but mind your feet because it'll hurt if it lands on your toes! before putting the new disc on make sure the mounting surface is clean by using a wire brush then put some copper-slip grease on to the mounting surface to prevent the discs sticking next time then fit the new disc and tighten up the screw with the phillips screwdriver. re-fit the caliper and do up the allen type bolt b'stard tight then slide the new pads in replace the spring clip thing on top of the pads and slide the pins in through the back of the caliper. job done, all you need to do now is the other side. once finished put the wheels back on, tighten up the cap on the brake fluid reservior pump the middle pedal a few times until it goes hard (fnarr, fnarr)

then sit back and have a cuppa and a smile knowing that you've saved yourself a fortune doing it yourself and not paying some grease monkey an arm and a leg for a job which takes no longer than a hour to do! :)

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Any fitting guide for the disks?
remove caliper (2 x cap head bolts), use a large impact driver to undo the disk retaining screw... remove it & disk.
wire brush of rust from drive flange plate face, copper slip face, degrease new disks before fitting, fit nebw one on, and replace retaining screw, refit caliper (pushing back pads perhaps-check brake fluid resevoir not too full first!), tighten & check all bolts, refit wheel, pump brake pedal to push pads back to disk face, and then be nice to them for the first couple hundred miles not cooking them.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Step 1 (and I think both karlos and Bill touched on it)

Pop the bonnet and unscrew the (yellow) brake fluid reservoir cap at the driver's side rear of the engine bay

... continue as above.

You lucky sods with CupraR brembos have it easy. I've got Renaultsport Brembos on mine and I have to physically remove the caliper just to change the pads :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.