valeo aero wiper blades

hardyj

Snake
Jun 6, 2005
Southampton
I have just been on to the site mentioned above and it appears they have a choice of the Valeo blades???

UPGRADE KIT
Valeo - UM621 Silencio X.TRM Aftermarket FLAT WIPER BLADE UPGRADE 18"
Valeo - UM661 Silencio X.TRM Aftermarket FLAT WIPER BLADE UPGRADE 21"

DRIVERS SIDE EXACT FIT
Valeo - VM106 Silencio SPECIFIC FIT FULL SPOILER Wiper Blade 21"

PASSENGER SIDE EXACT FIT
Valeo - VM23 Silencio SPECIFIC FIT FULL CURVED Wiper Blade 19"

So what are people choosing? The upgrade kit or exact fit??

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I have just been on to the site mentioned above and it appears they have a choice of the Valeo blades???

UPGRADE KIT
Valeo - UM621 Silencio X.TRM Aftermarket FLAT WIPER BLADE UPGRADE 18"
Valeo - UM661 Silencio X.TRM Aftermarket FLAT WIPER BLADE UPGRADE 21"

DRIVERS SIDE EXACT FIT
Valeo - VM106 Silencio SPECIFIC FIT FULL SPOILER Wiper Blade 21"
Valeo - VM23 Silencio SPECIFIC FIT FULL CURVED Wiper Blade 19"

So what are people choosing who have bought from this site of course?

Valeo UM621 Quantity 1
Valeo UM661 Quantity 1

hardyj

Snake
Jun 6, 2005
Southampton
Cheers.

And can I just confirm. So many differnet opinions........

Will these need any adjusting/modifying or just a straight replacement?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers.

And can I just confirm. So many differnet opinions........

Will these need any adjusting/modifying or just a straight replacement?

They are an easy straight replacement..............

unless

your passenger wiper currently parks well below the VIN number on the screen. If so, it will catch. The remedy is to remove the arm from the spindle and refix a spline or so anticlockwise.

heyd_romanian

Sep 29, 2006
Somerset, UK
I received mine on Tuesday as expected.
I only fitted them last night but as it's always my luck it p**ing it down last night which made for a good test drive.
They work really, so please i bought them. It also fitted really easy, but my passanger arm parks just below the tax disc.
This morning it was raining again which ment it could give me a good idea on how well they would work as well. I was also late for work which ment i had to push on!! :D
I am pleased because they worked really well today. Got another big test to come at the weekend, driving from the Taunton over to Nottingham then to Manchester and Back down to Taunton again so that would give me a good idea on how good they are.
I will post back to let you guys know but so far so good!! :)

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Hi all again

I see my post has been revisited again.
Im glad to see it has been so helpfull, and just for info ive had mine on for over 3months now and still no probs, they work a treat.
Went to watch the wrc at the weekend, it rained all the way there and all the way back, 350 miles round trip they worked mint clearing the crap off the window with one sweep.

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
I have a set on my tolly and very pleased. They seem to withstand grime better than the bosch's but if you have tiniest thing trapped they do smear as well. However overall very impressed and a cheap solution

heyd_romanian

Sep 29, 2006
Somerset, UK
Yeah i am very please with mine as well.
Had for about 3 months now and they work a treat!
I even bought some for my mum's C5 and she loves them as well!!(that sounds like I am advertising them now :ban: )

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
just spoke to me mate who is a tech at vauxhall in stafford and there sellin as from next week universal aero wipers and he is gonna get me some when they come out,got to take the car up and he'll match them to what come off so let you know when i get them:)

Have you been to see your mate yet?

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Hi jonny

It looks like them, but if i was you just to make sure you get the right ones ask what sizes you get cause you need an 18" and a 21" blades as per my original post.

hope this helps

m.baker

Hey guys just a quick thought has anybody teied sourcing a 17" blade to fit the pass side seems like a simple solution to a common problem,
Gonna do some research!!

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Hi jonny

It looks like them, but if i was you just to make sure you get the right ones ask what sizes you get cause you need an 18" and a 21" blades as per my original post.

hope this helps

Just had a reply from the ebay seller saying yes they are the ones for your car, 21" and 19"... so, they're not really the right ones :(

Measured the standard blades and they're 20 3/4" and 18 1/2" so the 21" and 18" are the ones I need, 19" on the passenger side will foul on the trim cos they're too big.

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Ordered 21" & 18" blades from wiperblades.co.uk yesterday lunch time, they arrived this morning! :D Hardest part was getting the things out of the packaging! :whistle: Fitting was a doddle and are just right, no overhang or fouling on the window trim (about 8mm clearence), no adjustments needed at all. The passenger blade sits just above the VIN number. Haven't been for a drive to test them at speed, but sat on the drive with the window squirty on, they're a bit quieter than the standard blades and don't leave any streaks or smears :funk: Not a bad price either :)