Temperature gauge flashing light

redant

started my LCR from cold yesterday and got beeping noise and then the light on my temperature gauge kept flashing?

It hasn't done it since.

Anybody got any idea what it meant, and if I need to worry about it?

thanks,

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
mine did it too

I phoned westec and the mechanic said they are buggers for it, he said check coolant level (which was fine) if thats ok its just a sensor that doesn't like the cold,
He said turn it off and then try again in 5 mins

I let the engine run for a few mins, turned off and back on again and it disappeared

its the 2nd time its happened. and i have the new green G52 coolant sensor too.

dont think its anything to worry about as the guy at westec said its a common thing

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i think its quite common in the cold i've read on here about someone having the same problem. i think its a coolant level sensor that doesn't like the cold!

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Yup very common fault. Mine is fine after a restart or I just ignore it if not going very far.
IIRC it's the sensor in the header tank and the usual fix is to replace the entire tank which is around £15 from the dealer.
Dealers should fix it though if your cars still under warranty.

Gaz-04

May 29, 2004
East Midlands
Also had this sunday morning (temp 1° C). Checked coolant, level was fine restart cleared fault. Shouldn't be anything to worry about, wouldn't think about changing coolant resevoir/sensor unless its occuring constantly.

lucus_j

Oct 4, 2006
Very :censored: weird... wasn't around 11.15am was it?

Mine did it too. It's a bloody conspiracy! Someone should complain to someone ;)

1.5deg on the temp, coolant level hovering just above the low mark. Poured a dash more O2 in it and Bob was certianly my mother's brother.

Best find some G12 coolant stuff tho'......

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
its the 2nd time its happened. and i have the new green G52 coolant sensor too.

:D

LOL, no wonder you still have the fault.

The green topped sensor is totally UNRELATED to this morning beep fault;)

The morning beeps mean an expansion tank change. (Costs about £15)
A permanent amber engine warning light means a sensor change from black type to the green type. (When code is read obviously)

2 totally different and unrelated faults:)

Last edited:

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
:D

LOL, no wonder you still have the fault.

The green topped sensor is totally UNRELATED to this morning beep fault;)

The morning beeps mean an expansion tank change. (Costs about £15)
A permanent amber engine warning light means a sensor change from black type to the green type. (When code is read obviously)

2 totally different and unrelated faults:)

CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!! listen to this man everyone.

Its a new coolant tank which are very cheap or try scraping the prongs in the tank to clean off the scale on them.

Zuhnu99

Jan 9, 2009
Finland
+1 more. Couple of times my red cooling temp warning light is also telling me something weird. Three beeps confirms that I havent seen delusions.

wmffra

Skint
Aug 31, 2005
UK
Three Beeps

Yep same here, it's happened about 4-5 times in the last five years!
But it's been doing it on a more regular basis over the past year regardless of weather and temperature.

Three beeps and flashing light, turn off re-start and all's well until next time :blink:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise