DEaler trouble !

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
:confused: :banned: how hard is it to get a Chrome gear gaiter?
Very hard according to the Seat autoworld dealers in chesterfield. absolute **** service, i went in around 1 month ago and asked for a chrome gear gaiter surround, he then said because i have no product code it may be hard to find, after him trying to sell me an actuall gaiter ( the leather bit). so i decided to ring up the next day and order one with a product code! i went in yesterday to pick up my prodcut and have never heard so much **** in my life! (it was the same bloke who served me the first time) when i went in he said have you got the product code? i said no i reserved it, you said you put it to one side for me. so after a while he went to look again and come back and said i havnt ordered anythin! so being pissed off i looked through my ibiza and found a scrap of paper in the boot with the product code on. when i gave him this he asked for my chasis number ??? as if they are going to be different spec or something. i assured him that they are ALL the same so he went to look again! he then came back and said " we cant get that part" i said why " because its only available on the spannish market" so i said well how comes its on the website? he said it wasnt on the UK site but on the US site seat.com! i went ****in mad and said it was in £s and it was seat.co.uk

he said no even on the seat.com site its in £s but its not available in the ****in only country that uses GBP!

i then told him that im in seat owners club ( this , he was probably to stupid to understand what a forum is) and they all have them and they sya to get them back to the dealer!

not ebst pleased at all with the service, now it looks as though ill hjave to go to the sheffield dpt as thats the closest to me !

anyone else had trouble like this? its only a accessorie ffs its hardly a new engine!:censored: [:@] :ban: :blink:

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
i have had loads of trouble ordering parts at my stealer, but not the gear surround that was actually in the glass cabinets in the showroom, the customer service i and others have recieved from some dealers has really put me of buying another SEAT.

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
:confused: :banned: how hard is it to get a Chrome gear gaiter?
Very hard according to the Seat autoworld dealers in chesterfield. absolute **** service, i went in around 1 month ago and asked for a chrome gear gaiter surround, he then said because i have no product code it may be hard to find, after him trying to sell me an actuall gaiter ( the leather bit). so i decided to ring up the next day and order one with a product code! i went in yesterday to pick up my prodcut and have never heard so much **** in my life! (it was the same bloke who served me the first time) when i went in he said have you got the product code? i said no i reserved it, you said you put it to one side for me. so after a while he went to look again and come back and said i havnt ordered anythin! so being pissed off i looked through my ibiza and found a scrap of paper in the boot with the product code on. when i gave him this he asked for my chasis number ??? as if they are going to be different spec or something. i assured him that they are ALL the same so he went to look again! he then came back and said " we cant get that part" i said why " because its only available on the spannish market" so i said well how comes its on the website? he said it wasnt on the UK site but on the US site seat.com! i went ****in mad and said it was in £s and it was seat.co.uk

he said no even on the seat.com site its in £s but its not available in the ****in only country that uses GBP!

i then told him that im in seat owners club ( this , he was probably to stupid to understand what a forum is) and they all have them and they sya to get them back to the dealer!

not ebst pleased at all with the service, now it looks as though ill hjave to go to the sheffield dpt as thats the closest to me !

anyone else had trouble like this? its only a accessorie ffs its hardly a new engine!:censored: [:@] :ban: :blink:

To be fair not everything on Seat.com is available in the UK, though in this case the gearlever surround is. It is even in the Ibiza electronic accessories catalogue the dealer has access to, so you are right to be angry.

He would only need the chassis number to replace your factory fit surround, in this instance there are a lot to choose from. The more I think about it the more stupid the parts guy becomes!!!!

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
hes a proper **** head with a yelo mk4 ibiza which the head lights sprayed yellow ( like in side the covers like ferraris have ) and sprayed badges which have scratched so look ****, the only thing which looks ok is that the wheels are a kinda grey which look ok. o and its the same colour as mine :p

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
where abouts did you ask? at the big central service depot, or at the parts desk (last time I went that was at MG Rover)

Car your describing sounds quite like Mike_OBDs! Hes over at JBS though

EDIT - describing him as a **** head might not be your best move either, he may look at the forums- you takin your car to be serviced there? :blink:

Last edited:

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
I know all about troubles at the stealers mate!!! Never tried to buy any accessories from them but they tried to rip me off big time when i took my MK3 Cupra in for its 60,000 service!! They did about £20's worth of work which consisted of an oil and filter change yet they charged me £190, nice huh?

Just to add insult to injury, they compiled the biggest list of faults with my car that i had ever seen!! The last time i saw a list of faults that long was when my mate tried to ressurect a scrap car! They told me that my new Bilstien PSS9's were leaking and that i would need new standard suspension, yeah right! Some snotty little apprentice would have had them away! I apparantly needed a new fuse board, new brakes all round, 4 new tyres, various pipes, new brake fluid (which was already new) and other things which i cant remember off hand but they wanted to do the work for me (i bet they did) for the grand sum of £1340.

The only reason i took it to the stealers was to get the stamp in the service book! Knowing all of the above i took my car to my mates workshop and we had it up on the ramp............All of the suspension was bone dry, the last bit of damp that it saw was water off the road from the day before! Basically, in a nutshell my car didnt have half the faults that the stealers told me and it flew through its M.O.T..................

Just to let everyone aware, the dealer in question is Droitwich garage. :censored:

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
hes a proper **** head with a yelo mk4 ibiza which the head lights sprayed yellow ( like in side the covers like ferraris have ) and sprayed badges which have scratched so look ****, the only thing which looks ok is that the wheels are a kinda grey which look ok. o and its the same colour as mine :p

How do you know what car the dude who serviced you had??!

If he did indeed have an ibiza he should have had a vague idea of what you were on about! Chesterfield Autoworld are indeed terrible IMO for both service and parts.

Ive had much better luck from Sheffield Autoworld. The parts chap (called Jerry i think) is a very nice and accommodating bloke. To give them a hand im sure a quick search would find you the part numbers.

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
tbf i was only assuming it was he car, as it was parked out side along iwth loads other cars, and if he was on scn he would surely no about the gear surrounds and when i told them i was on the owners club i did actually mention scn, so chances are it wasnt that bloke at all,

to the other comment, its the small service depot opposite and to the left of seat, i went to the sealer and they just refered me over there with a pic in a book,

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
seat parts is a big poo factor with the car there parts are always on backorder and take ages to turn up for me as jo bloggs public and for work rbs insurance! the stealers themselves are ripp off merchants so i always try and get everything under warranty to get my moneys worth and sure enough they always seem to keep my car for three times longer than exspected and when i get it back it dirty and half my tanks gone

seat servise is bad in my past exsperiences!

T. Spark

Keyed word's being Autoworld Chesterfield imho! They are poooo!

TBH, Sheffield arent much better, but better just :p

So, erm whats wrong with a yellow beeza with yellow colour coded lights?!

tasty_kebab

Jun 6, 2006
Glasgow
Yeah some of the dealers in Scotland try waaay too hard to find "faults". Apparently replacing the wiper blades was gonna need an overnight stay (= more £££ for them). Ive never really ordered parts from them apart from chrome air vents, usually I ask the boffins at vagparts.co.uk to supply accessories, they are top notch.

MR OBD

Sooty
Apr 22, 2005
Sheffield

1. I agree that Autoworld are rubbish, MY car went in for some work about 1 month ago...... I am still waiting on a call to say my parts are in stock, when it only takes 2days for parts to come in if they are not on back order!

2. Also the above car you refer to... would that be mine in my sig? With Seat Sport yellow headlamps, a painted black front grille that does get chipped and silver shows oh and the black wheels?!!

Mike

croakey

lol...nothing better than a bit of old skool cyber bitchiness eh boys :p

i think the yellow lights could be played out to be quite sweet :)

Triple D

RS plans have gone out the window now, possibly getting a mk4 cupra 20vt, so may be after a ATB diff from you guys, or audi s4 or something like that

Turbos still going fine now, and after about 10k miles havent had a problem as of yet.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.