Not Boosting, But No Limp Mode??

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
My car quit boosting the other day so i had a poke around and ended up replacing the hose that goes from the N75 to the charge pipe (hose had a small wear mark but that was it), problem fixed instantly.

Now tonight i start the car and again, no boost, not even 1 psi. Car was fine when i parked it up lunchtime. :shrug:

Checked all hoses and connections and TBH can't find a problem. No limp mode, no lights no boost :(

I got a lot of driving to do tomorrow too :cry:

Unplugging the MAF makes no difference before anyone asks.

Last edited:

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Had another fiddle with hoses and connections and now it boosts to 0.5 BAR (limp mode at a guess).

Not much more i can do for now :(

Dec 31, 2005
London
Prob your bailey! have you checked it lately? have read posts about this kind of thing and it usually turns out to either be the dv, pipes (esp the one coming off your dv) or your maf and as you say you've tried that....
:confused:
happy xmas mate, hope you get it sorted!

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Cheers bud, checked all pipes but not the actual DV yet, although i did take it apart a month or so ago to check all was good. All seemed fine and TBH it hasnt given me any problems in the past year.

Dec 31, 2005
London
be interesting to find out, may sound stupid but its not a coilpack is it?
check all your fuses too?
Took my car to hoochs yesterday as wanted a look at his k04 beast taking shape plus he'd said he would have a look at my 312mm brakes, turns out (after taking one wheel, caliper and disc + bleeding) we had bits missing, the bolts connecting the lines to the caliper, so that was a waste of time plus found out my clutch was starting to slip (i thought it was wheelspin :doh:, because of the weather i not ragged it at all lately) oh yeah plus some sort of leak somewhere either d/p or manifold i think hooch said

xmas is to f***ing expensive as it is!
downpipe and cat to wait another month :cry:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
0.5 bar isnt limp mode, its standard boost

sound like a leak or a dodgy valve at first guess...or could be just the ecu pulling back for a cold start, and bost eventually appears after a couple mins driving but could take up to 10mins iv found in the past

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
0.5 bar isnt limp mode, its standard boost

sound like a leak or a dodgy valve at first guess...or could be just the ecu pulling back for a cold start, and bost eventually appears after a couple mins driving but could take up to 10mins iv found in the past

Car started boosting to 1.5bar again today, although it drops quicker then usual. All things do point to a leak TBH. Just have to finfd time tomorrow to really check things over. Already replaced all vac lines. Would dodgy N75 cause this?

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
yep duff n75 valve could be the cause, usually get a fault code though

worth a try though if u can nick olly's or something

Will see if i can get Olly round to have a looksy :) Are there any checks i can do to the N75 without vagcom?

Last edited:

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Pete.. you sorted it now then?

Well its boosting ok today. Changes by the day, Sunday was no boost at all, Monday was 0.5bar and today is 1.5bar :shrug: best plan would be to get a spare N75 and switch em over when the car is not boosting. Be no point swapping while its boosting ok.

Jun 28, 2001
seen it loads b4 on alhambras leons they work now and again.
fiat multipla 1.9 td ones are good though:):):):):):)