Knock/Bang when turning

Noticed a bang/knock the other day when I was reversing out of a parking space the other day, it also felt the front of the car "moved" to one side at the same time. I've jacked the car up and cant see anything obvious, however I'm no mechanic :whistle:

So far I've checked
Front strut top mounts - Replaced
Full tracking carried out by Micheldever Tyres
Wishbone bushes - all ok

Could it be a dry CV joint (both boots seem to be rip free), engine mount or something else.

Any pointers would be a great help as the car is going up for sell in the next couple of months, and I would like to get this sorted as cheaply as possible. :)

thesonny

UNV This
Nov 20, 2006
Try jacking up both front sides and turning the wheels by hand, if you can feel the knocking could be a steering rack problem. As for CV joints. If these were faulty there would be constant knocking. Does it only happen in reverse as my old saxo did this and it stumped me for ages, then i realised it was just the wheel rubbing against some loose trim.

Jun 28, 2001
exhaust bracket which goes on down pipe to subframe has snapped of the exhaust:):) weld it back on, and dont listen to the 'oh you need a new exhaust' junk:):)

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
i have a similar prob on my lc pre face lift, ive dropped mine on spax coilovers and now when i turn hard right at certain angles i get a load creakin/rubbing noise but there are no rub marks in the inner wings or inner skins,,,i have tried alsorts and still the rubbin, the car has been set at different hights and ride/ comfort set different from hard to soft and vice versa in stuck to
ps sorry to jump in on the thread just sounds similar to mine

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise