Having trouble valuing my LCR225

Deleted member 7659

Hi folks

I've been looking around to see what 225 LCRs are making now, and there don't seem many around in private sales, mainly dealers still.

Mine's a Platinum 05/05 and done 11,000 miles as a 2nd car (always garaged) bought new by me in April '05. Mechanically totally standard, with just the Seat Sport half leather/aluminium gear lever and Seat Sport kick plates imported from Spain (not available from UK dealers) to brighten the car up.

Apart from needing alloys refurbed due to wife's parking, and a stone chip on the wing mirror it's as new. It's also been Armourfend'd from new so no stone chips in the usual places.

If anyone has recent experience of part-ex'ing one at a dealer, any idea what they're offering these days? If I sell privately does £13k sound about right?

I'm thinking now might be the right time to sell before values take a nose dive when the Cupra arrives, and i have a hankering for something of similar value at 3-4 years old which won't depreciate much over the next couple of years.

Grateful for experience :)

Adrian

Last edited by a moderator:

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
At the dealers yesterday for a service and they had a 55 plate (silver) with 6k on the clock maybe slightly less and wanted £15750 for it. £13k doesn't sound too far off the mark.

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
I think £13k is a good price and the car should sell for that no probs.

You could put it up for a bit more - But you know will all ways try to knock you down.

Just to give you an idea - I bought mine just over a month ago for £13k - From a dealer (not a main dealer)

It's a 05 Platinum Grey - 1 owner - 14,000 miles - plus it has Sat-Nav.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7659

Thanks folks, that's really helpful

Now I need to do some soul searching to decide whether I want to sell......

It's the only brand new car I've ever owned :(

I've got a ratty Passat estate that's served us well for the last year or so, but needs replacing before anything expensive drops off. Head ruling over heart tells me I should sell the LCR and buy a much newer estate at a few years old, then use whatever is left over to buy something small and entertaining - but not necessarily as fast as the LCR! How I've kept a clean driving licence is beyond explanation......

Adrian

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.