Engine Converstion

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
that is sex.
look no further than our very own max torque,ok pauls is rwd but its all been done by himself over a few years.dedication/money/time/and working for prodrive helps :D

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
The one with carbon body panels, that car is sexy as!

Ow speaking of big power did anyone see redline mag? (no i didnt buy it just saw it in the shop) Its got a 1050hp golf mk4! Its an old audi 80 thingy lump

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
There's a full s4 v8 and a RS4 v8 with running gear on ebay.de if anyone's got deep pockets...

Edit: Sorry, make that a "was" not an "is"

Last edited:

daveb2505

mk3 ibiza is essentially the same as a mk2 golf, so rallye or synchro floor pan could be fitted quite easily!
A haldex 4wd system would be more complicated, due to mk4 golf / a3 floor pan being different.
I did have an rs4 engine, which i toyed with the idea of fitting to a mk2 golf.
It would have lined up with front drive shafts ok, and JUST fitted behind the grill, but no room for rads, intercooler etc. just required older quattro rear end.
I've got an rs6+ 480hp engine but it is so much longer (only an extra piston)
The only thing with a bonnet long enough woul be an early ur Quattro, if i could think of any thing else it might fit in, i'd use it!
I have toyed with the idea of mid mounting it in an ibiza, using a passat v6 fwd gearbox (heavily strengthened)
Any one fancy a rear wheel drive 500hp ibiza??

jNx

May 4, 2006
M25 J13
www.surreymodified.co.uk
The one with carbon body panels, that car is sexy as!

Ow speaking of big power did anyone see redline mag? (no i didnt buy it just saw it in the shop) Its got a 1050hp golf mk4! Its an old audi 80 thingy lump

Go back and buy it !

If you think it's impressive on the outside, Underneath is where the true mechanical beauty begins!

There's a double page picture of the underside of the car! And yeah... WOW ! :lol:

andy_dea

Aug 9, 2003
north east
Visit site
me and craig have talked about this and surely 2 ways some one like jbs, or jabba would do it if you asked them

use a sincro floor pan and running gear

or use tt 4wd system, use the box with transfur case, shortern the prop shaft, fit a rear diff and hander to the back of an ibiza, and mod the floorpan to suit, then either shortern a tt set up rear, or use something like harry hockley independant rear suspension set up with hubs to acept drvie shafts

either way mucho money, but with the way people are going with the 20vt engine, bill knocking on 500bhp, the yanks up to 600bhp, give it a few years and surely some ones going to be the first one to do it

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i'm sticking a v8 Merc/Bmw (whatever i find first) in one of these

so ANYthing is possible

1923FordModelTroadster_6.jpg

jj10

sell me your car!!
Jul 11, 2005
Parts unknown...
@flapper

:-o You crazy :censored: ! - that looks like a gokart i used to own when i was 8... only lighter!

Car heavier than engine = minimum of intensive care

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
minimum of intensive care
been there done that :) and still have the wristband with my name and blood type :whistle:

just to add considering costs of cossie bits nowadays i'd personally rather tune up a vag motor as it makes bolting in and adaptation a lot easier and saves designing/building a chassis (headache alone i can assure you)

not saying not to as it would be great fun but note seriously its no bolt together weekend job thats for sure and if you can list 101 different problems and situations to get round keep a spare sheet as it will double for sure by the end

daveb2505

Sorry Bill, i stand corrected.
I thought ibiza was similar to the mk2, how similar is the rear beam?
I'm breaking an ibiza cupra and wanted to use the rear brakes, i thought i,d just swop the beams but it probably not quite as simple as that.
I need to concentrate on the front end, and getting the engine in before i start on the rear.