please help, remap problem

gtdean

ive just had premier tuning out to remap my ibiza cupra, but they were on it for 2 hours and could not do it.

they said when downloading the ecu information from the car there is an error at 20%, and they told me its due to the car being remapped and then put back to standard at some stage, now im only the second owner and the bloke before me swears blind its never been done? so im very confussed this is what im thinking:

1: the map company are using this excuse because they cant do it

2: the previous owner is telling fibs (not likely imo)

has anyone else ever had this problem?

urgent help needed please as the company want to charge me call out and i refuse as my car is still the same.
cheers dean.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
dont pay any call out charge if no service has been provided.

but it is possible and not unheard of for cars to have a remap laying dormant because previous owners wanted to sell the car standard

ofcourse if it was i dont see why the previous owner would lie to you

i would have figured if they are a decent tuning company (i've not heard of them) they could read the tables for themselves and tell you for sure

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
yeah dont pay any call out charge! If they cant do it thats their problem, i realise you must be a bit frustrated though. I remember reading a post regarding a similar issue a while ago, theres something on the ecu that wont let you flash it easily on some, you may end up having to take the ecu out and have it bench chipped?? If its been remapped before though and then been put back to standard then it should be possible.........

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
my friend had what was called a oettinger pack on his cupra and we took it to be remapped at custom-code, they showed us his ecu.....well what a state it had been glued in and looked like a proper bodge. They tried to remap it and like yours they couldnt do it, so we ended up with a new ecu I think

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
the oettinger chip was part of the RSD tuning option that at least one certain dealer offered fully warranted from new

but you cant switch it back to stock i dont believe...boost gauge or logging would confirm

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
ive just had premier tuning out to remap my ibiza cupra, but they were on it for 2 hours and could not do it.

they said when downloading the ecu information from the car there is an error at 20%, and they told me its due to the car being remapped and then put back to standard at some stage, now im only the second owner and the bloke before me swears blind its never been done? so im very confussed this is what im thinking:

1: the map company are using this excuse because they cant do it

2: the previous owner is telling fibs (not likely imo)

has anyone else ever had this problem?

urgent help needed please as the company want to charge me call out and i refuse as my car is still the same.
cheers dean.

posible ex-trial software has been on there, which to some tuners is an issue for flashign their version over the top, as its non std trial is'nt what theirs is expecting etc.

OR

Its been physically chipped previously and reverted to stock but with an encryption board still there (unlikely however as they would'nt have been able to communicate with it at all)

limitation on whoever this tuner is I suspect. not got all the tools you need for this eventuality

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
Sounds like the last owner had a REVO trial for 5 hours then it goes back to standard but leaves bits on the ECU wich other tuners fine hard to map over. so the last owner is right it isnt maped but has had a trial, i think you need to take it to a bigger or more well known tuner IMO.

snifta

yeah, go to a well known tuner, you pay for what you get with maps, either jabba or revo or CC

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Sounds like the same problem i had with mine, i had the revo trial installed on mine and it was fine, I then went to have the full version installed and it wouldnt have any of it! I had to go back to the workshop on a seperate occasion where kev from revo had the more advanced tools and was able to flash my ECU and install the software there and then! I heard that they have alot of problems with the OBD port on the ibizas and some have to be installed with either the more andvanced tools or on the bench.

I think this is the thread that was mentioned earlyer.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106085&highlight=install+revo

Just out of interest how much where they charging you and what were the estimated gains?

Personally id go with one of the sponsers/Tuning companys from the site as alot of us have used them with not alot of problems. Let us know how you get on.

David.

gtdean

thanks for all the replys, i was paying £350 for a to make around 197bhp

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
"TURBO/SUPERCHARGED ENGINES: Benefit from up to 20% more power and up to 25% more torque. Turbo boost pressure levels safely increased."

Their website certainly looks quite flashy but you still gonna be looking at 180ish bhp, which aint bad considering the cost. I'd still try someone like Revo, Jabba, Custom Code or APR though as they've been doin it for a while now. Have they given you any other options seeing that they couldnt remap your car?

gtdean

they have said they can take the ecu away and ill have it back within 2 days but i cant be without the car for that long as the mrs needs it to get the kids to school.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Where abouts are you based mate? Depending on what kind of map your looking for, if its arrgessive map that gives you a good kick in the back id go for Revo, I havent tryed any of the others so couldnt comment, You might pay a little bit more for a revo remap but the customer service is 2nd to none, In my experiances anyway. I made 196bhp and 230lbs at weltmiester proformances RR, Boy does it shift ;)

David.

gtdean

k mate thanks for that, the only reason i wanted to try this was because 2 of my friends now have the revo map and i like to be diffrent, but im in 2 minds now.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
k mate thanks for that, the only reason i wanted to try this was because 2 of my friends now have the revo map and i like to be diffrent, but im in 2 minds now.

If you want to be differant get all the necssery mods and go stage 2 ;).

Around 230/240bhp i doubt they`ll be catching you... Most things dont.

Depends what wheels they have of course.

David.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.