Cupra "small wing mirror" !

Arwel

Iv been looking for a cupra for a while now and after looking at a few cars and studying loads and loads of piccies iv only now noticed that the passenger side is smaller than the drivers side..lol
any one know why that is?

Dec 31, 2005
London
Looking at that, you'd think it would.

Surely it can't be as easy as that. Maybe the only way to find out is to find an Arosa mirror from a scrappy or equivalent and try it. If it works then great, if not then you haven't wasted money.

Someone off here who i know has just bought an Arosa, while he's not looking i might pinch his mirrors and see. :lol:

You would still need to buy it from a scrappy, I found that one on ebay for £45 but it is the whole unit so prob less for just the casing/glass IF they sold it seperately.
Who was the comedian at seat that came up with these mirrors, at least make some decent options :p
If you could 'borrow' your mates wing mirror and measure up sometime let me know ;)

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
ive just got back from barcelona and ive been desperatly trying to find a scrappy over there to get a few mirrors and sell them...no luck!
ive got one for me but i know how popular they would be if i had say 5 of them, i will try again next time!

The mrs wasnt happy that all i wanted to do was find a car breakers lol

HoocH

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
You would still need to buy it from a scrappy, I found that one on ebay for £45 but it is the whole unit so prob less for just the casing/glass IF they sold it seperately.
Who was the comedian at seat that came up with these mirrors, at least make some decent options :p
If you could 'borrow' your mates wing mirror and measure up sometime let me know ;)

Unknowingly i've parked my car this morning next to a mk2 Arosa. I've just been out to check the mirrors and i think they'd fit. Obviously it'll need to be tested, but i can't see why not.

I couldn't imagine SEAT producing different sets of mirrors for each model, the manufacturing costs would be a waste. It looks like the Arosa has the same mirrors as the passenger mirrors from a LHD and RHD ibiza.

Dec 31, 2005
London
ive just got back from barcelona and ive been desperatly trying to find a scrappy over there to get a few mirrors and sell them...no luck!
ive got one for me but i know how popular they would be if i had say 5 of them, i will try again next time!

The mrs wasnt happy that all i wanted to do was find a car breakers lol

HoocH

Lol, go back out there and search harder :p

Unknowingly i've parked my car this morning next to a mk2 Arosa. I've just been out to check the mirrors and i think they'd fit. Obviously it'll need to be tested, but i can't see why not.

I couldn't imagine SEAT producing different sets of mirrors for each model, the manufacturing costs would be a waste. It looks like the Arosa has the same mirrors as the passenger mirrors from a LHD and RHD ibiza.

It would make sense, although I saw a newer arosa today and that had a slightly bigger drivers side.....
The base plates wouldnt match but I dont see any reason why the tops wont, even if the glass isnt adjusted it looks like it opens out a bit further than the curved in cupra mirror which may allow a wider angle to be seen

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.