Bilstein PSS9 - Suspension

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
Hi All -

Just a quick one, the suspension mentioned above - there is a knob on the top which you can turn to make suspension hard / soft - does anyone know which way is which? does clockwise make it softer/harder -

and i want to raise the car abit as its a little to low for my liking and humps are a pain in the arse -

so how do i go about raising the suspension?

cheers

andy_dea

Aug 9, 2003
north east
Visit site
i have the same kit, to raise the suspension u need to get a c spanner or a pair of them to rase the ajustable spring platform, this raises the height the spring sits at

for ajusting the damp rate off the top of my head i can not remember but look on the rear suspension top mounts, and the ajuster is there and has a plus and minus, and arrows pointing which way the ajustment is

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
star!!!!

does the '+' increase the softness or increase the stiffness?

soo the c spanner goes underneath the damp rate head and its a matter of turning to decide height?

Its difficult to see the top as the seat belt thing gets in the way - will have to get the torch out -

How do do the fronts? same set up?

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
The adjuster for the front shocks are at the bottom of the strut.

should be protected by a blue plastic cover (which can fly off at any time really and means the adjuster gets buggered up from all the crap)

andy_dea

Aug 9, 2003
north east
Visit site
yer as said, + to setting 9 is hardest setting

as for fronts they are the worst design ever, the ajuster is on the bottom of the damper, not on the top, so its normally jack the car up in the air to ajust them, right pain in the ass

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Is there anything locking the damping adjuster on the fronts as i tried to adjust mine the other day and it was to stiff to move?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
nope nothing locks it apart from corrosion.

remember we said it needed to be waxed to prevent corrosion... :hide:

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
nope nothing locks it apart from corrosion.

remember we said it needed to be waxed to prevent corrosion... :hide:

Yeah i know, keep meaning to do it. Looks really clean under there actually, and tbh i only reached under there quickly while we were doing the actuator. Seemed stiff but i didnt want to force it incase it was locked by other means. But now i know its not i'll try again next time the cars in the air :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members