forge splitter dv

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Think i may put in an order...Quite like the look of that..Been wanting to change My FDV anyway..and like how its adjustable without fiddling with springs which arnt to accurate.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i think i'll leave my order for maybe six months to see if anybody has any problems with theirs.

padge16v

Fitted mine on the weekend after purchasing from Autosport, i must say anyone expecting a noise similar to a HKS SSBOV will be disappointed. :cry:
It is pretty quiet at the moment, however forge have just put up instructions to adjust it so ill see if that makes it any louder. More boost than standard would help as well i would have thought!;)
Very good quality bit of kit though!

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
people expecting HKS noises are clearly in noddy land..It isnt an sqv.

Looking forward to hearing wht it sounds like on mine..running a fair bit of boost. Current one sounds lovely with the new spring in it.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
The HKS is 100% BOV - the Forge is only venting around 40% of the excess boost, so obviously is going to be alot quieter, guys running stock boost are going to hear very little indeed. The adjustment is for the spring tension not volume.

cupra r rob

Oct 2, 2006
Think i might have to get one and go out attention seeking. Like kenny say's tho im not expecting miricals till i get my re-map.

p1tse

Dec 1, 2004
i wander how it would sound compared to a 007p:

-standard car
-remaped car
-cars with intake and zorst etc.?

JAFFA

Jul 1, 2006
TELFORD, SHROPSHIRE
i'm ordering mine monday my local forge dealer said if theres any problems e.g warnig lights they will reset it and refund me so i got nothing to lose i will let you know how things go

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members