Revo Stage 2 - does Induction kit REALLY (and i mean REALLY) make a difference?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
wow, your's has stood up better than mine has - when I took mine out, it had been pinched so tight in some places once it passed the battery etc taht I couldn't see through it! Its easy enough to reshape though but I was fed up of reshaping it all the time.

I actually bought two lengths (one as a spare) but the second is sitting unused.

Having said that I think I'll try some of the smooth now that you have linked to.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Do Green make their own hosing? Seem to remember seeing it mentioned somewhere.... if they do, is that any better?

skidder

BERK! FEED ME
Aug 9, 2006
Aberdeen
ok peeps... considering this more now.

So, if i were to re-install my standard airbox, (I might have to run standard filter for a short while) and then install a green filter, what the best size hose/ducting to use with little modification? 4" seems to be mentioned, but would 80mm be ok, and would it deffo fit?

Is it still best to keep the hose going down to foglight level, or is it ok in the OEM position, next to the headlight?

Does smoothing out the box REALLY make a difference - I don't want to do it if it doesn't make a difference, trying to keep it back to standard as possible.

Please keep this to LC only - LCR has a different box (so it seems from reading other threads) and i do NOT want to relocate the battery or anything.

Thanks!

Anyone know for definite that the air boxes are the same or different?

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Id like to experiment with a std airbox myself...But my car never came with one..came with a carbono fitted..What a peice of crap.

Does nowt bout destroy Maf sensors. Hate open cone filters with a passion.

Orderd a bmc CDA...as per normal with all my cars. But the CDA trunking is terrible and breaks quite swiftly. So i want to either use the Carbono trunking, or have custom intake made in stainless steel when i have all my boost pipes done like it next week.

Should all work nice.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
mate, there is NOTHING wrong with a carbonio at ALL. I've had it on my car for over 35k miles now, and not 1 single MAF is dead. (my dead maf(s) were with a std box)

Your filter is probably over oiled. Its virtually the same as other aftermarket filters, like bmc etc.

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Cant stand it...Its something iv always had..Never liked open filters. When you clean it..it isnt half a shock to the system. Id either prefer a modded Airbox..Or a BMC...least also with a BMC you can have the filter, in a protective box, with a feed going into it..Air is litereally rammed through it, rather than around it.

Tried simular open filters on previous cars, piper cross...k&n...and none of them have come close to the BMC.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
fair enough mate, was just trying to clarify that the carbonio itself is not the MAF killer.

I've had good results with mine, but the only reason I'm doing this is to a) try and get some money by selling my carbonio and b) to make sure that when i do it, i don't end up holding the car back and causing problems.

So I'm going to reinstall my std airbox with a decent green filter, and decent airfeed in.

Guys,
is the ducting in the ebay link available elsewhere, and cheaper? Or are b&q and ebay our only options?
Thanks

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
well thats what i'm trying to determine - if it actually DOES make a big enough difference for the hassle....

My knowledge/ideas are limited, but from my view once the air is in the airbox surely the ribs help to circulate the air, and push it up towards the filter and into the engine...? thats the way i see it... but I'm probably wrong.

I'll try with std box, green filter and bigger air-feed to start with, and then go from there.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
oh and off topic:

your signature - might want to make sure it isn't against SCN advertising rules (probably ok) but it says "click here to join" but nothing happens - just thought i'd let you know.

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
Pabs I just picked a ramair maxflow up for £51 on ebay and have fitted that with the cold air feed below whilst I smooth my airbox out and fit a green panel filter in it. I am extremely impressed with the feed below it is very well made and looks the same as the one supplied with the pipercross viper. I bought the 80mm feed as it fits my ramair perfectly and will also fit the 80mm hole i the standard airbox. Was going to move battery like James did but want to leave it stock so am happy with an 80mm feed. Search for my post on biggest cold air feed, james gives plenty of good advice.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COLD-AIR-FEED...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290071639837

Before buying this cold air feed which is made by venair I popped to b & q but could only find 100mm ducting which looked similar to the silver one originally supplied with the ramair.Hence my choice to buy this type of feed. I'm enjoying the ramair at the moment, the grunt is superb and there is a definate improvement in throttle response over the standard box with a k & n panel filter. I will update you once the standard box has been smoothed and refitted.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
rightho - thats cool. I'll pop into b&q on saturday then! Save me the double-priced postage!

Looks quite strong to me in the pics, so hope it is :) Just don't want it collapsing and ending up with not letting any air into the intake :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise