Diagrams and 'how to' guides

druidware

Hi guys,
Anyone out there know where I can find 'how to' books or pages on the internet like the old Haynes manuals?
Just got told on my MOT for the Ibiza, that it needed a new ECU bulk head Bracket replacing and a new gearbox connection for the reversing light. The parts cost £2.30 but the damn labour is £197 !!!:help:

So would be helpfull if I could find guides on how I could do the work myself.

Any help much appreciated.

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton
They cant be that hard to fit the reversing light switch will just screw into the gearbox and the bulkhead bracket should be fairly straight forward if its the one in the engine bay i would have thought.

druidware

Thanks for the info guys, been reading about ERWIN, not sure I wanna fork out that much though. I will drag my ass under the gearbox to see whats happening, as for the bracket, will have to see if I can see a mate of a mate of a mate for cheaper labour.

Thanks anyway guys:shrug:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Not sure why a dodgy ECU bracket would fail an MOT :confused:

£197 labour ? Is that at a main dealer or an independent ?

druidware

The ECU Bracket didn't get a fail on the MOT, it was just highlighted as being worn and need replacing. I would have thought the reversing light would have failed it, but it didn't. I guess it was just the SEAT garage main dealer trying to get some dosh out of me. I knew the reversing light had gone, but had to pay £40 on top of the MOT just so they could tell me where the fault was

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members