new headlamp bulbs ??

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
fitted my new philips power2night gt150 bulbs H7 dipped beam

so far I'm not impressed, I had a good look with one philips and one OE bulb and neither me or the missus could tell the difference

that was on the drive with the lights shining onto the garage door so maybe in a dark lane they might be better but I doubt it

BTW they cost nearley £30

Fordy_FR

Oct 19, 2006
Gateshead
I'm still waiting for my Philips Power X-Treme 80 or something crazy like that, they've been on backorder forever. Anything has to be better than the standard ones I was driving along a streetlit road and about 30 metres ahead a car was coming towards me and I thought why's he turned his lights off but it was people walking across the road blocking them and I couldn't see them :blink:

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
I bought Halfords Brilliance when i replaced mine, as I needed something fast and they were BOGOF. Cost £19.95 for the pair.

They made a decent difference to the illumination, but not massive. I think the bulbs in there before were pretty good.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
right,

I had the hump with these bulbs but am feeling a bit better now (not a lot tho)

decided to punch in the part no of the power2night jobs in google
found a site that confirmed that I had not been caught with my pants down

with that I did the same with the original ones and found them to be +50% too

at least that explains why we couldn't see any difference

so I will now fit the old Ibiza ones into my company astra which only has crappy ones in it (I have checked the part no's of them too)

AFAIK the old ones were factory fit as my ibiza was a 3 month old demonstrator with 3k on the clock

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

lukey

4 Ringer
Sep 28, 2006
Harrogate
i think the light outputs from these lights is really poor, ive got 80w bulbs in at the moment and they still arent that good, though im still waiting on my HIDs arriving so i can see more than a few metres in front of me at night

Wortam TDI

Its strange how the lights seem to be different from car to car. I thought the standard lights on my 1.9 Tdi Sport were adequate up to the normal speed limits.
I fitted the +50% bulbs and they were much whiter, making it easier to drive fast, but I did adjust the lights slightly for the best light on the road.

Wardy TDi

Leon searching....
Apr 27, 2006
Manchester
I've got an HID kit to go in mine, for dipped, and Philips Rallye 100w bulbs for the main beam. If that doesn't improve the light output, I give up!

I just need to get round to fitting them though, as I reckon I'll have to bite the bullet and take the bumper off.

Steve

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
I've got an HID kit to go in mine, for dipped, and Philips Rallye 100w bulbs for the main beam. If that doesn't improve the light output, I give up!
Just fitted H7 6000k HID's in mine today (took 50 minutes :D ).
Seriously good improvement!
Seems to me HID's are the only choice if you want a noticeable difference.

I just need to get round to fitting them though, as I reckon I'll have to bite the bullet and take the bumper off.

Steve

Why are you taking the bumper off? :confused:
Unless you take off the bumper to change your headlight bulbs the kit should install behind the headlights in the engine bay.

Guy.

Wardy TDi

Leon searching....
Apr 27, 2006
Manchester
It was looking that way to change even the headlight bulbs to be honest, as I don't have the hands of a monkey :D

Did you manage to install everything without moving any other engine parts, such as the battery?

Steve

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
It was looking that way to change even the headlight bulbs to be honest, as I don't have the hands of a monkey :D

Did you manage to install everything without moving any other engine parts, such as the battery?

Steve

I removed the factory fitted bulbs, and temporarily removed the bulb covers :D
That's it with the kit I bought.
No other changes on the car.

The two 'big things' you will have to do are;
1. Cutting holes in the bulb covers. (take off, drill, refit).
2. Working out where to put the ballast units (takes ages! [:@] :censored: ).

Leave the battery & bumper alone.

Read the bottom of this page!
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104497&page=13

Guy.

Last edited:

TWP

Feb 19, 2006
Its strange how the lights seem to be different from car to car. I thought the standard lights on my 1.9 Tdi Sport were adequate up to the normal speed limits.
I fitted the +50% bulbs and they were much whiter, making it easier to drive fast, but I did adjust the lights slightly for the best light on the road.

Do you mean the SEAT accessories +50% bulbs? Did you go for the xenon look ones or just the normal +50s?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
well looking at my new Philip's power2night +150's shining on the garage door they looked pretty much the same as the original ones

when I took her out on the road however they seem to shine further up the road and do seem a little less yellow

so I am happy after all

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.