folding Mirrors

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
wowowowow...everyone hold their horses...lol

How do you get the mirror to fold in automatically then if you have the auto ones?? Also how do you know if you have them...lol maybe a silly question but i will ask anyways hehe

I have a 2005 LCR

Thanks

Ross

Read the first few pages, there some pics of how to find out. so simple than it looks.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
yeh not every know that they leons comes with it as the small icon is not clear. they should use a bigger logo. Note to all, dont play around with it, as it may stop workin. happend 2me once. i stopped fingrin it now,

what pisses me of is they deleted the mirrors dipping down when reversing, thats really more handly than electric folding ones, i only rearly use my electric folding mirror on my TDI FR, but i always reverse into parking spaces and would love to have that feature

fishtoasty

Cupra R Pimpin
Sep 4, 2005
Manchester
I think he means when the reverse gear is engaged, the actual mirror part of the whole unit tilt downwards so you can see the curb...i.e. no curbed alloys ;)

When you then disengage reverse gear the mirrors tilt back to normal....

I.e. it saves you having to tilt them manually using the electric controller thing, and then tilt them back to the usual settings that you have

Ross

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
i have a an 04 R TDi 150 and No foldy, No heaty

Can i convert them to be heaty as that would be very useful
what pisses me of is they deleted the mirrors dipping down when reversing, thats really more handly than electric folding ones, i only rearly use my electric folding mirror on my TDI FR, but i always reverse into parking spaces and would love to have that feature
ditto that wish g60jet

On the Leon Sales booklet dated 01/05
Electric Heated and electrically adjustable mirrors where standard on the SX, SE, FR and Cupra R.
Electric Folding Mirrors are standard on the SE, FR and Cupra R
SX = 1.6 16v, 1.9TDI 110
SE = 1.8 20v 1.9TDI 130
FR = 1.8 20VT 1.9 TDI 150
Cupra R = 1.8VT 225
Seat will of changed the spec from phase to phase. as for putting the reverse tilt back in...i suspect there is a control box missing.

Taken from http://www.seatcupra.net/knowledge_base/knowledge_base/seat_leon_faq.html

MIRRORS:
Early cars had dipping rear view mirrors to aid parking. To activate these ,1. Start Car and put car into reverse.2. Turn mirror control to the passenger side, 3. Set mirror to desired position, low so you can see the kerb area for parking. 4. Switch it back to the Drivers side.5. Take out of reverse. NOTE:You must leave the control knob switched to the drivers' side for it to work. This feature was deleted in mid 2001

Last edited:

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
just read the brocher for leon so as i said foldin mirrors are not availble as standard for sx or cupra but are for se and cupra r
as for the fr i havent got the info but wouldn't be suprised if foldin did become standard as it was launched towards then end of mk1 production

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
but bein seat things like the foldin mirrors werent as straight forward as bein standard or an option from wot i can see

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
I had a Leon Cupra 2001 model and it had electric memory seats and folding mirrors with the reverse engaged dipping.

When the MY03 model came out the electric memory seats and the reverse dipping mirror were ditched apparently because they needed to free up a few bytes of space in the ecu for other functions..probably to do with emmisions.
My MY03 04 reg Cupra TDi has folding heated mirrors but I specced the car with leather..this may have something to do with wether you get foldy's or not.

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
i've seen an my03 cupra with leather memory seats dunno if fitted after or not but definatly had them but dont see the foldy mirrors so often on them

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.