Goodbye (Cruel World!)

ianrawlins

Munch
Mar 21, 2005
Kent
Well thats it, the LCR has now gone! :cry:

The buyer picked it up this morning. Thanks to you all for the brilliant help, it's much appreciated. Keep up the good work!

As I no longer need them, I also have a cd multichanger and a VAG Com cable up on ebay at the moment, if anyones interested.

Thanks again

Ian.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
LCR to MR2 must have been quite a change! What inspired you to make that swap?

Enjoy it though mate. And just remember, when you start to miss the LCR power, there is a company called C2Power that make turbo kits for the MR2 ;)

ianrawlins

Munch
Mar 21, 2005
Kent
Thanks Rob. I needed to save some money, so unfortunately the Leon had to go. I've owned the MR2 since September and I can honestly say it's one of the most fun cars I've ever owned, and I've owned some fun cars!

It does lack power though and the turbo kits or supercharge kits do look tempting, but cost over 4K!!! So it's not going to happen in the near future i'm afraid.

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Dont mean any offence in the slightest mate, but i prefer the Cupra R to the MR2, but as you said above money is a deciding factor in lots of things eh?

ianrawlins

Munch
Mar 21, 2005
Kent
I know what you mean, but the LCR wasn't sold because I didn't think it was fun, it was sold to finance a wedding :doh: .

Now that I've owned both, the MR2 is definately more fun. The LCR is faster, more practical, more desirable, more comfortable .... in fact more of most things. But the MR2 is just a lot of fun. Light, mid engined, very taught, very direct steering and on top of all that, some topless action when the suns out. Speed isn't really an issue, because it feels like your doing a million miles an hour when your only doing 30.

Would I have the LCR back if I could afford it? in an instant! would I keep the MR2 for weekend fun? without a shadow of a doubt!

Snoopie

Impossible
Feb 5, 2006
Enfield
Nice quick review. Glad your happy with it. Came across an MR2 on the way to work yesterday morning. It is certainly quick of the line ;)

Nov 28, 2006
A friend of mine went from an MR2 to an LCR and said exactly the same as you Ian. Very underated car that shape MR2.

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
cool mate, as i said i didnt want to offend, i no a lot of things sound different from behind a PC!!!

Sorry to hear about having to get married aswell............LOL!

ianrawlins

Munch
Mar 21, 2005
Kent
No probs, no offence taken.

Yup it is a double whammy of dissapointment! lose the LCR lose my single status.

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Very wise idea, mine is my family car, at 21 when i got it though...it was never gonna be a mondeo....

Al went a bit wrong though now look at my spec!!

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
How much are you after for the multi changer? Had a look on ebay but couldn't find it...

tbh I'd rather put the wedding off and save the extra cash than sell any of my cars - she's special but not that much :lol:

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Totally. Hopefully i'll feel different after i've taken the new one for a drive. The brakes are a bit naff compared to the R so i'll have to do something about that.

side600x450hj2.jpg

I seem to have a thing for black/red combos on cars, last 4 i think.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.