New Cupra! What colour...

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
blackish aubergine - I loved it when I saw it in the flesh. Though admittedly it was indoors at the motor show it had a depth that I think would look stunning. Here's hoping they make a sporty Toledo saloon again...in just that colour:

Cupra3.jpg

the aubergine colour is absolutely stunning, but would need to be kept clean! i think seat should of looked at the colour range on other cars, look at the white golfs, the racing blue focus st's...they need a colour in their range to make them stand out, and i don't mean yellow...something truly eye catching and preferably metallic/pearlescent! :whistle:

cupra2007

RCOTY
Jan 7, 2007
rhodes/greece
black was my first option for the cupra although its a hell to clean and then again only for a few hours!but since its only available in the purple black which i don't think suits it, i changed my order to luna grey,silver, which in real life is amazing!!the white begame available after i gave my order,so that ment more delay,but as one of my old cars was white i wanted the change.in terms of cleaning it was also difficult to keep clean especially from the road dust.nuff said!

bluehaze

Cupra R Member
Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
deffo candy white, candy white, candy white!!!!

bored with yellow
red looks cheap and fades
black pain to clean shows swirl marks
SILVER sooooooo last season will reduce resale value due to over supply now 1/3 of all cars are silver
zenith grey 2nd choice for me nice!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
White is no easier than black, and is more prone to staining. It'll look great I was tempted by white myself, but don't be fooled into thinking you can't get away with spending any time cleaning it. Because you'll be wrong.

That's unless you like cream, in which case its not a problem. ;)

Its all down to how serious you are about looking after the paint job, with a good washing technique and using the right products to seal the paint.

Added with putting in a little hard work, you reap the rewards, and that goes for any colour of car.

If people can't be bothered, then they end up with poor paintwork and they only have themselves to blame.

Last edited:

bluehaze

Cupra R Member
Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
White is no easier than black, and is more prone to staining. It'll look great I was tempted by white myself, but don't be fooled into thinking you can't get away with spending any time cleaning it. Because you'll be wrong.

That's unless you like cream, in which case its not a problem. ;)

Its all down to how serious you are about looking after the paint job, with a good washing technique and using the right products to seal the paint.

Added with putting in a little hard work, you reap the rewards, and that goes for any colour of car.

If people can't be bothered, then they end up with poor paintwork and they only have themselves to blame.

you are right of course, years ago i had a white golf mark3 and whenit was clean it looked stunning, although a lot of people dont like white i do! and now many police and para,edic cars are blue or silver white is even more rare

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I would of probably gone for white myself, as it does show off the features of the Cupra, like the grilles and door mirrors etc. But round my neck of the woods i'd prefer a lower profile. It just stands out too much and will draw the kind of attention i'd rather not receive.

I try to alternate my colours too, i had Platinum last time, (lighter colour), and ive not had a black car since i was 18, and im 34 this year, so I decided to go dark and sultry with a hint of purple. ;)

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
Zboyd, yes would have definately gone for Ruby Red, but typical cant get that.

Yes, agree with yourself and Syphon about he hey look at me yellow;) Never really been a silver fan as the colour can look a bit 'blotchy' in direct sun. I think it may have to be Red :D but then the rear lights dont look so good umm have to think more about this.

Was in France last week and saw a Reference Sport in White. Looked ok, reckon that would have been pretty cool on the Cupra or FR.

cheers Rob

Got a white Ibiza living opposite me andi looks awful in street lights. Nearly as bad as an orange ASBO

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
I think Luna Grey looks really good, even though I don't normally like silver cars. I was looking at a new Luna grey FR outside the dealership and the metallic paint showed off the sculpting of the panels extremely well in the sunshine.

I think yellow shows off the details well but the car really shouts out on the road and when parked, which may or may not be a good thing.

Black looks nice but, as others have said, you do lose some of the details.

I haven't been too impressed with the red new Leons I have seen but I prefer small cars in red anyway.

I haven't seen a Zenith Grey one yet so I can't comment on that.

If I was getting one it would probably be Luna Grey – or yellow if I felt a bit reckless.:D

Read somewhere that a yellow car is less likey to be stolen

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
So correct me if i'm wrong but the Inferi Black option for the Cupra is as per that picture at the top of this page? (page 2)
Or was that a "special" one off colour for a motor show?

Stuck between silver, white and black (if its this black with a purple flake).

:doh:

scottynic

deffo candy white, candy white, candy white!!!!

bored with yellow
red looks cheap and fades
black pain to clean shows swirl marks
SILVER sooooooo last season will reduce resale value due to over supply now 1/3 of all cars are silver
zenith grey 2nd choice for me nice!

Yep I think if I do order 1 it will be candy white!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise