Front Splitter Removed?

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
has anyone considered or even removed the front splitter from their LCR for good? How does it look?

I'm only asking cos I was wondering if it still looks good etc etc...

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
My first LCR never even had a front splitter!?! Never got round to asking the dealer about that! And I enjoyed 4 years of not scraping it in carparks/speedbumps. My new LCR does have the splitter. It looks great but gets bashed all the time. I can't even get into my work car park without it scraping.

I think I'll be removing it at the weekend. Won't look as good, but at least I can drive round without worrying so much.

stu

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
i know, them speed bumps are the worst and living in London as you can imagine is a pain!
usually have to send either the left or right hand side wheels over the bump in order to stop scraping, where as in my LC straight through the middle at 30MPH lol

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
I don't really struggle with speed bumps (they must be much harsher in the big smoke) it's steep(ish) driveways, carpark entrances and exits and the ramps in multistorey car parks I struggle with.

It's worth it though :cheeky:

Snoopie

Impossible
Feb 5, 2006
Enfield
My Cupra R isn't lowered, but as mentioned, Living in London is awful with speed bumps everywhere. Jay20vt, I'm sure you've been to Brent Cross with those huge bumps on the way in. I couldn't manage it :( ... But a Diablo did :wtf:

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
No point taking it off 1)they make the front end look mean and 2) they cost nothing and should be considered as a consumable that is there to be bashed to protect your paint. Saying that every time I scrape the splitter my hairs stand on end and then I remember the cost of one and I'm ok ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.