cruise control light

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
Hi :)

Picked the Leon up yesterday afternoon - really happy with it and everything seems to be working fine.

One thing though, when i engage the cruise there is no light on the dash. The manual says there should be one. Is there anything I'm missing here or do you think it's a simple matter of a blown bulb?

Thanks guys

EDIT: the actual cruise control works fine

Last edited:

Ghost

Nov 28, 2005
Hampshire
Hi,

There should be a yellow light on the dash when the cruise control is active, this is probably just a blown bulb, you will need to get your garage to change it.

Ghost

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
This came up a while ago on the forum, have a search.

I think we came to the conclusion it didnt light up.

duncerduncs

Nov 17, 2006
Reading
I think the conclusion was that you only get a cruise control light on the dash if you have MFD display/Bluetooth.

I don't have this fitted, and therefore no light!!

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
The FR I test drove had bluetooth (and MFD) and did have a cruise control light as I remember reading the other thread you talk about before the test drive so wanted to check it out.

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
ah ok.

Worth asking then, that's saved me a trip to the dealer.

I wonder though why that lack of the MFD means no light as they are in seperate places on the dash.

But no problem, as long as there's no fault I'm happy.

Thanks everyone :)

Zooneycat

Foxy Chick
Oct 18, 2006
Northampton
I spoke to my dealer about this, and they have ordered in a new bulb for the car. It's going in on Saturday to have it fitted.

Mine doesn't have the bluetooth pack.

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
So will be interesting to see if there is actually a bulb there in the first place! And, if there is, whether it actually will light up.

Wouldn't surprise me if the dealer doesn't know that this is only a feature when you have MFD. They generally know a lot less than enthusiasts!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise