Leon Cupra FR Diesel Advice at 50k

Matty Rozza

Hey guys

I have long been an admirer of the Seat's, especially the Leons!

The problem is it is time to change my car, in exchange for a newish one.

The dilema is, that the I need to know that whether it be a problem at buying a Leon Cupra FR Diesel 2005 with almost 50k on the clock. Will the car last 5 yrs if driven correctly lol?

I am desperate to get my hands on this fine piece of work but need a few comments from fellow Cupra FR lovers.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
50k is nothing to a diesel..
can't say much for a 2005 model as mine is a 2004 old shaped cupra/fr diesel but its done 47k and still feels as fresh as a daisy...slightly more idle rattle is only difference from new..performance and economy just the same as allways.

willbatch

Jul 19, 2006
That mileage really wont be a problem id see it giving 100-150k more with out break down if it is maintained well.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Just make sure it has a good service history and has been properly looked after. That applies to any age or mileage of car though really.

Look after it and you can tripple that mileage without any trouble at all. In fact, I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard other VAG TDi owners say the engine isn't even run in until 60k+. Don't know how true that is though....

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
Just make sure it has a good service history and has been properly looked after. That applies to any age or mileage of car though really.

Look after it and you can tripple that mileage without any trouble at all. In fact, I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard other VAG TDi owners say the engine isn't even run in until 60k+. Don't know how true that is though....

Best efficiency is obtained after 70k so I guess thats when the engine is properly worn in. We have a few TDi's at work, they give us no probs, good for at least 150k.

badtastebear

Jan 29, 2007
Berkshire
Hey guys

I have long been an admirer of the Seat's, especially the Leons!

The problem is it is time to change my car, in exchange for a newish one.

The dilema is, that the I need to know that whether it be a problem at buying a Leon Cupra FR Diesel 2005 with almost 50k on the clock. Will the car last 5 yrs if driven correctly lol?

I am desperate to get my hands on this fine piece of work but need a few comments from fellow Cupra FR lovers.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

We got a 05 FR diesel in yellow with 37,000 miles full service history up for sale if your interested..making way for the new cupra

Matty Rozza

Hi Mike Sarah

I am really after a leon at trade as I can part exchange, due to my concious, I cant sell my clio to some poor sod as it will probably break down the next day.

Thanks for the offer though

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.