GTRS too beaucoup for Forge FMIC?

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
Just quick one - been looking around the forum for the the best option in terms of intercooler - consensus seems to be the Forge FMIC....:clap: ..... just wondering if it wold be the correct choice if going GTRS.... won't it struggle with charge temps at the 330bhp level?

Is so, what would be the best alternate option?

And could anyone point me in the right direction for spray kits? Are there actually any good ones?

Thanks very much. :)

Raf

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Slightly off topic - do the gtrs kits really give you 330bhp???

Am i still in the dark ages, or is 300 about the limit you'd get from a FWD car, such as a leon?

I know it MUST be the usable limit - otherwise you'd need some good methods of getting power down.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
wilko's IHI golf was smoother to drive than a k03s leon. just awesomely fast when you put your toe down

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
GTRS has made 330 with correct peripherals and mapping... just a tad laggier than IHI. With regard to what can go through the wheels.... well, I struggle with 250lb'ft let alone any more - Reasonable acceptable torque for front wheel is probably no more than that, maybe less...(imo) ... unless you start running slicks and 800lb springs with a 4 inch drop on your rear end....... :hide: (says the man who's planning to go GTRS..... ;)

Raf

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
Anyome point me in the right direction where I can get a spray kit? I thought I read somewhere that someone is running one....

Cheers
Raf

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
I still may go Forge though - for ease of fitting/compatability etc... and consider a spray kit or aquamist...... decisions.. decisions.....

Raf

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
i got a eurojet now. lovery peice of kit and has improved spool, much more power all round and allot quicker.

IMO std IC piping is messy and restrictive, as this proved to me in my case.

though im not sure if they can fit the leon? though i would imagin it is the same bay so it may be fine. also costed around 500 posted from america.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members