seat leon 07 race car

outsider

Looks like I'll have to come to some britcar races this year, as it is a couple of years since I last saw one as I have been abroad for most of 2005 & 2006. good luck anyway

Must Go Faster!

Outsider, here are some pics of britcar cars. some of which we have beat. One of which is driven by a very famous ex touring car driver who i am led to believe is rather good at giving the finger when he can't get pass you.
http://www.eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/displayimage.php?pid=1608&fullsize=1
http://www.eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/displayimage.php?pid=1121&fullsize=1
http://www.eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/displayimage.php?pid=1146&fullsize=1
http://www.eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/displayimage.php?pid=1129&fullsize=1
if these photos don't display then usr these links
www.eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/displayimage.php?pid=1608&fullsize=1
http://www.eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/displayimage.php?pid=1121&fullsize=1
http://www.eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/displayimage.php?pid=1129&fullsize=1
or just check out the eerc website.

Outsider i feel your choice of words could have been better, you obviosly have not been around motorsport that long as this top flight driver might not be the quickest as it is normally he who has the fattest wallet who gets furthest in this game. Only problem is you might start with a fat wallet but i can assure you they will not finish with one. TTFN

Last edited by a moderator:

Must Go Faster!

P.S Wallace Quote "I'm a choosey driver" yeah right mate, you put your life in mine and turvs hands enough times to know thats not true. HA HA Be great to see you at Silverstone buddy. Maybe you Mark and his dad can sort something out for spa or other races. P.S say hi to plumber dude!!!! cheers

wallace

you do make me laugh

and what a great quote, motorsport has always been about the size of your wallet. but you cant buy talent, really dont worry will be out this year you cant keep me away. now the tax bill is paid, and ive just about recovered from the money i lost by you know who. you boys fancy helping out on two leons tried to get plumber dude to help out on a beetle but he said any car sold with a flower aint good enough to britcar and he aint wearing pink to refuel.

racingdad

Sep 19, 2003
UK
Visit site
interesting debate about the relative merits of britcar and the SCC and 'top flight drivers' vs size of wallet.

I happen to know the driver in line for the car and he is very well known for the fact that he doesn't have a fat wallet and has somehow made it on (dare I say it) talent alone.

yeti

Man with no Name!!

All we keep hearing is that he is very well known (and now he's talented without a fat wallett)!!

But how come no one will say who he is??!! Or he going to be as secretive as "The Stig" :p

Wallace- No probs me and turv will be happy to help out as well!! Still can't believe John won't wear Pink, it could be worse you could make him wear turv's shorts!!!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
All we keep hearing is that he is very well known (and now he's talented without a fat wallett)!!

But how come no one will say who he is??!! Or he going to be as secretive as "The Stig" :p

Wallace- No probs me and turv will be happy to help out as well!! Still can't believe John won't wear Pink, it could be worse you could make him wear turv's shorts!!!

Thats motorsport for you. No one commits to saying anything, in case their wrong. :D

wallace

motorsport chat

i see another member has joined in the chat (racing daddy) i wonder who that could be. go on then do tell not quite sure you read the hole story again. i like the driver to hes a top bloke but had money behind to help push things along taking nothing from him hes a good driver.

racingdad

Sep 19, 2003
UK
Visit site
Guys,

racing daddy here (long time since I was called daddy!)

the reason why outsider hasn't named the driver he thinks it is is because he's just a fan who heard a rumour; how do I know? 'because he contacted me before he posted (we have exchanged views a lot over the past few years on many a forum).

The same rumour has been posted on another forum by someone I don't know, equally cautiously.

the reason I haven't named him is because I have been told not to - as zboyd rightly posted, nothing is 100% certain until it is 100% certain. I only joined the debate as it did seem to be getting a little bit hard on young outsider (and yes he is young and no he has nothing to do with any team or driver that I am aware of).

wallace, I sympathise with your predicament and can understand the sense of frustration, but can state without fear of contradiction that the driver I am talking about has never, ever had any money - his family aren't wealthy and don't have the connections. He has always worked very hard indeed to drum up the funds to race.

Anyway, I have been informed that an official announcment could be made either at the end of this week or early next week, and then we'll all know if we are talking about the same fella.

wallace

Hi dad

i guess your not who i thought you were for that im sorry, but can i just make this clear to you im not upset or frustated i turned the drive down for personal reasons i didnt thing things were going to run smooth enough to take rubbish i was getting in return. deep down i believe the other person concerned also decided he wouldnt have come up to speed quick enough for britcar, as this is why i guess hes putting someone else in the car. which to be fair i think is a good option.
i do wish who ever it is the best of luck ( i think we are talking about to different people we shall see).
as for the new boy in the chat not sure anyone was ganging up on him, think he was being told just how far britcar has come on, and if he or she ever wants to come along im sure between us we can sort a ticket or two out.
all the best wallace

racingdad

Sep 19, 2003
UK
Visit site
Walace,

that'a all cool then. I wasn't suggesting that people were ganging up on the young fella but he did say that he needed to go and see a britcar race again as it has been some time since he's been and he is a genuine fan, that's all.

as for the driver - I did hear another name mentioned as well and he would probably fit your desription better than the driver I am talking about.

I do agree with the statement that the old style Cupa is probably a safer bet for britcar non the less -they are well sorted, relatively straightforward and still very quick in the right hands. I did crawl all over one of the new cars and it does look very complex and I did take the trouble to read your test report as well what with pre-select gear paddle shifts, complex rear diffuser (that will get broken a lot me thinks) and that front splitter it could be a bit of a hand full, especially for enduro racing. (and they should be available at a reasonable price compared with the new model)

outsider

Thanks RD, thanks all.

As rd says, I heard a rumour from someone I believe and checked it with him, cos over the past couple of years he has always been straight and he always tells me what he knows or doesn't know and what I can say about what he knows, if you get my drift.

I just hope it all works out.

and I will come to see some britcar racing this season and will be brave enoughto come and say hello. (cool pics btw).

outsider

Does anyone know when Seat will publish the first official lst of entries|?

outsider

I have seen it posted on another forum, so suppose its OK to say so here:

the car will be driven by Oli Wilkinson.

For those who don't know, Oli won the Seat Racing Rivals schoolarship for 2004 and went on to finish 2nd overall behind James Pickford. Oli was also one of 4 drivers involved in the shoot-out for the 3rd drive for 2006 that went to Darren Turner

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members