IHI POWER!! Booked in at Jabba

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Turbo run in is meaningless. Let it warm up, check all fluid connections for leaks, then let the oil warm up and go kick the crap out of it.

Come back and check for leaks again. Nothing in a turbo to run in.

Strange why JBS and now jabba are setting run in periods with new turbos then:shrug:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
if other engine compoments fitted then yea... (like rods, pistons etc as part of a full BT conversion)

caney

Apr 24, 2005
when i had my turbo fitted MRC mapped it in a couple of hours,realtime mapping on the road!as jabba use boost controllers in their kits wouldn't it be easier to tell the customer to keep the boost low for 500 miles or so then turn it up manually?

aidy.t

IHI'd LCR
Nov 19, 2006
Huntingdon,Cambs
when i had my turbo fitted MRC mapped it in a couple of hours,realtime mapping on the road!as jabba use boost controllers in their kits wouldn't it be easier to tell the customer to keep the boost low for 500 miles or so then turn it up manually?

I was told to do a few hundred miles on the new turbo first before they got the car back and mapped up on the rollers. They only done this as i live close to Jabba. They usually do the bedding in period themselves so when the customer collects their car, it is all mapped up and ready to go. Also i wanted to do that as i had a couple of long journeys i needed to go on.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I imagine it's so that "if" there is a mechanical weak point it's not 10 mins after the punter runs out the workshop.... wouldn't make good PR if you have over £5k, then get recovered back 10 mins later

aidy.t

IHI'd LCR
Nov 19, 2006
Huntingdon,Cambs
Well been to Jabba again today to get the car set up and mapped. The results are excellent 351bhp and 368lbft of torque. :-o The sad thing is that mike had to peg the torque back to around 350lbft as he was worried about the rods breaking. "It made him wince a bit" at the level of boost it was running. But the results are amazing! :thumbup:
He also modified the air box to help it breath better and to get more cold air in.
They are a great bunch there and very helpful, all in all it was a great day.
The added bonus was that Golf+ magazine was there doing a feature on Jabba and i have managed to hopefully be in the magazine with pictures of my car and me!

Think it has to be rods and valves next! :D

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
Great result well done! What boost is that - peak, what does it hold and what at the redline?

And when do you get the peak power and torque in the rev range? Any graph?

Also, eaht intercooler you running with that?

Fantastic result either way though! :)

Raf

Last edited:

aidy.t

IHI'd LCR
Nov 19, 2006
Huntingdon,Cambs
It is running about 1.6 bar high and 1.1 bar low boost settings.
On the graph the torque peaks at 4244rpm, and the power at 6061rpm. :D
It is still 330bhp at 7500rpm!
I will add the graph to the thread soon.
Im running Jabbas own intercooler, and when i do get the head flowed whilst having the rods and valves done i will plumb in the aquamist set up to try and kill temperature's as the turbo will running around 1.8bar (its limit).

Last edited:

caney

Apr 24, 2005
Great result well done! What boost is that - peak, what does it hold and what at the redline?

And when do you get the peak power and torque in the rev range? Any graph?

Also, eaht intercooler you running with that?

Fantastic result either way though! :)

Raf
still asking those questions:whistle:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
It is running about 1.6 bar high and 1.1 bar low boost settings.
On the graph the torque peaks at 4244rpm, and the power at 6061rpm. :D
It is still 330bhp at 7500rpm!
I will add the graph to the thread soon.
Im running Jabbas own intercooler, and when i do get the head flowed whilst having the rods and valves done i will plumb in the aquamist set up to try and kill temperature's as the turbo will running around 1.8bar (its limit).

fingers crossed the bearings keep going for you

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise