Newbie after an Arosa few questions

ellio

Well we picked it up this evening and so far I love it such a nice sound to it in the higher revs. only problem is the rear washer jet isn't working I think it will just be the pipe come off but how do you get to it? do you need to take the black plastic bit off the inside of the boot?

ellio

The pipe seems to conected up fine and not leaking any other ideas?

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Not personally familiar with Arosa's but has the washer fluid actually reached the end of the pipe and can you hear it trying to pump when you activate it? If so then likely to be blocked outlet.

ellio

I have had another look today the front is fine and the pump makes the noise when i try doing the rear but nothing comes out and and there are no leeks think I will have to have a proper look at the weekend see if there is a kink or blockage.

Where do the pipes run through?

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Now, if I remember correctly it something silly like:

From the pump, up the left side of the tailgate, accross the top, along the right hand side of the car, down the windscreen piller, accross the top of the dash, out of the grommet and over to the washer bottle.

I may be wrong on the details, but I'm sure its something idiotic like that! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
If you haven't done so already it's worth poking a thin pin into the outlet first I would have thought before checking the length of the pipe just to check there's no blockage there. If the previous owner hardly used it that's quite likely.

ellio

I will have another look tonight if i cant sort it will bring it in to work tomoz for one of the technicians to look at it

WHYME

Apr 22, 2002
MK
Visit site
Not sure if this helps, but when I had my old arosa sport I found it was leaking water from the rear washer just behind the front wheel - I sold it the day after so I never got it sorted but I'm guessing it was a pipe which had come loose..

Also - congratulations on the car, I loved mine dearly..

ellio

:clap: Got them to have a look at it today at work and is all sorted now

ellio

was the pipe had come offbut i couldnt see where will know for next time lol

Will have to wash polish and wax it tomoz and get some pics

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise