New look for the 2007 SEAT BTCC drivers

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I did think the old racesuits were in need of a bit of a freshen up. I like the 2007 versions. [B)]

template_1093453.jpg

I notice JP is sponsored by Tesco 99 Unleaded this year.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
How do you know Darren ZBOYD?! You lucky bugger!!

It is like a Man Utd fan knowing Malcolm Glazier!!

Anyway, the addition of the black and yellow down the arm and leg is a nice addition. Could have done more I think to jazz-up the chest. But I rekon with the SEAT logo dominating it what could they do?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
How do you know Darren ZBOYD?! You lucky bugger!!

It is like a Man Utd fan knowing Malcolm Glazier!!

Not really..... But I think it's fair to say that when you've kicked about the SEAT scene for as long as we have people tend to spot you

Must be our hair

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Must be our hair

What you may call 'distinctive', is it?:)

I was just pondering something. Is it taking the michael if all SEAT have to worry about in terms of preparation is the design of the SPARCO overalls??!!

V:censored: R:censored: and T:censored: D:censored: must have been working their butts of to get this far!! My thinking is maybe not so much for the services of most of the drivers, because whereas The Golden Boy is unlikely to ever leave his daddy's team I am sure atleast one seat at V****** is a paid seat, but the search for a competitive car that complies to the S2000 regs.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Certainly 888 and TD will have been working hard to get a car built... TD seemed to twiddle their thumbs for ages before deciding that MN would get his ass handed to him in WTCC

It will be interesting to see how they run initially - both on unproven platforms (but all very close on wheelbase etc)

I expect to see Vauxhall domination at Thruxton though, the aerodynamics will rein supreme.

The new civic is an interesting shape too... not sure how that will perform as it's neither sporthatch nor saloon

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
It's got 9 days to get ready for Media Day and the first official test. But if not, then it loses out on a valuable testing opportunity. Only allowed so many tests after that and only on circuits the series doesn't use. Although no doubt Steve Neal will complain. I'm sure I read him talking about a waiver for that rule a few months back. :rolleyes:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I wouldn't be so sure.... 2 years ago they were up against it, but still ran at Media Day

The autosport pic is at least 2 weeks old too.

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
im gutted i cant make it next week did think about driving truck and trailer into rockingham but i think a P45 would be handed to me and a chance of working with a team disapearing as quick