Radio Aux-in

Ashleigh

I've just order a new Seat, but spoke to Seat Customer Service first regarding the spec, they said the new models have a Aux-in connection fitted as standard, but they don't recommend it for connecting MP3 player. Never had a car with this type of connection before, so was wondering what you used it for?
:confused:

Ashleigh

Thought thats what it was for but Seat said they dont recommend connecting MP3 player via this as it could cause problems, although they were vague about what problems it may cause !!!
Sounds like something to try and sell the optional Ipod and USB connectors to me

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Just test drove the FR about an hour ago and the demonstrator (sales managers) had an MP3 player plugged into it so it must be able to play through that socket. Although not sure if you get the ID3 tags displayed, maybe you do with the offical Ipod connector???:confused:

Ghost

Nov 28, 2005
Hampshire
You do not get track tags displayed on the head unit through either the aux in or through the IPOD kit. The IPOD kit will, however, charge your ipod and allow you to change tracks / playlists.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
They don't want to be held accountable for your problems with a 3rd party device.

But you could (if so inclined) connect up a microphone to it & play 'homeboy rapper' as you drive to work in the morning.

corky1

arm rest on myo7 cars

Hi
just ordered the optional armrest for my new fsi reference sport to be delivered in october.
I now find out on Seat web site -accessories that ordered armrest is not suitable for cars with aux. connections. Does this include my car?Because if it does i wont be able to use this connection for my mp3 player.
Is this true. Please help!:confused:

shuikit

Mar 9, 2005
Huddersfield
I've got the armrest on my FR and it does block access to the aux in socket, can't actually plug a cable in with the armrest in the way. You MIGHT be able to get a cable with an angled jack in the socket but will probably mean loosening the armrest to get it in...

Nomag

I have the optional armrest in my FR- wouldn't be without it. You will definitely not be able to get any kind of connector into the AUX input with the armrest in place, this doesn't bother me as I simply use MP3 CDs. However, I really do not understand why SEAT haven't modified the armrest design to incorporate a small cut out which would allow access to the socket from inside the armrest. Certainly there is a cut out for the cupholders so you can still use those. Anyone with a little DIY ability could cut a neat square in the armrest base to allow this, and you wouldn't see it with the armrest closed.

hangten0

i've had no problems using my mp3 player thru the aux, thinking about getting the centre arm rest, you can always buy a little ipod/mp3 transmitter and hear it thru the radio, not sure if the play lists show up though (buy these transmitters from a well know high street electronics store, small print says that they are illegal to use in the UK, so you will have to drive over to Sweden or Switzerland to use it!)

Dr_Firestorm

I've the armrest as well heres the solution to the aux in crisis!!

Carefully peel back the mat in the armrest and unscrew the top 2 screws nearest the handle to open it you'll feel them just after the first ridge,
Fit ur connector into the aux in an run it backwards into the cup holder screw down again and you've now an aux in... in your arm rest mine works great!! best to use a short cable or you'll have loads in your cup holder!! anyone need a few pics to illustrate the point?

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
how much are the ipod connectors, i take it its cheaper to buy aftermarket rather than from seat, as i am going to buy the new nano 8gb ipod and either plug into the aux or hijack the cable to the aux and divert to the glove box so i dont have things clutering the place up.......tidy freak, well sometimes.:D

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
I have the optional armrest in my FR- wouldn't be without it. You will definitely not be able to get any kind of connector into the AUX input with the armrest in place, this doesn't bother me as I simply use MP3 CDs. However, I really do not understand why SEAT haven't modified the armrest design to incorporate a small cut out which would allow access to the socket from inside the armrest. Certainly there is a cut out for the cupholders so you can still use those. Anyone with a little DIY ability could cut a neat square in the armrest base to allow this, and you wouldn't see it with the armrest closed.

Seat now do a armrest that is apparently compaticle with vehicles with the aux in:

http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/uk/SEAT/site/Service/original-accessories/main.html

OY06 Leon

Aux in????

Hi guys, new to the site but think it's great with loads of interesting stuff I never new about my 1.9tdi stylance, only had my 06 plate a week still getting to grips with it but i'm well impressed already.

Does any one know if the aux in attachment for the mp3 player was a standard fitment or an optional extra? Can't find it mentioned in the manual.

HarryKatinnen

Hi guys, new to the site but think it's great with loads of interesting stuff I never new about my 1.9tdi stylance, only had my 06 plate a week still getting to grips with it but i'm well impressed already.

Does any one know if the aux in attachment for the mp3 player was a standard fitment or an optional extra? Can't find it mentioned in the manual.

If you are in an early 06 model it won't have the aux in as this only came with the later 56 and 07 spec and wasn't an option:( . Your best bet is to get it retrofitted but I believe you may need to go to your local ICE dealer to do this as my local Seat dealers only appear to offer the ipod connection as a retrofit. Does anyone know different?

Tell

Staff member
I've just order a new Seat, but spoke to Seat Customer Service first regarding the spec, they said the new models have a Aux-in connection fitted as standard, but they don't recommend it for connecting MP3 player. Never had a car with this type of connection before, so was wondering what you used it for?
:confused:

What they meant I suspect is we don't recommend for an IPod, best to get a cradle and get control via the headend / steering wheel. Pass of the rest of the Qs since I don't have an IPoD :D.