mark2ovt once immaculate ibiza (contains graphic images of Ibiza mutilation)

TingTongTec

well as a few are aware at 11am today i decided to do some mods to my car.......... namely.............have a fiat punto Mk1 Side conversion on the Ibiza's front end!

Basically i was heading down milburn road past budget and a kind young driver in a punto decided to pull into my lane at the very last second! slammed on my brakes but just wasnt enough (i reckon if i didnt hit the brakes we would have smashed into the lorry that was on my left!!)

First inspection of damage reveals a bent R/H Wishbone, snapped Track Rod end (possible Rack :eek:) and the majority of the front end. hit the punto doing no more than 45 so im pretty lucky to have come off so lightly.

Car is currently sat with Chisholms but should be on its way to the bodyshop next week, they are gonna try and polish it out first :eek: (before anyone else tried that line :p) the punto is 100% writeoff :D

anyway heres a few pics i grabbed while at the roadside.

02032007.jpg

02032007001.jpg

02032007002.jpg

im pretty sure those bits were once attached.........
02032007003.jpg

02032007004.jpg

02032007005.jpg

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Sorry to see your car got bumped. I had a lucky escape from a FIAT doing exactly the same today, but managed to swerve out the way. Hope it gets sorted properly for you

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
sorry to hear about that mate. is quite surprising how the ibiza came off with quite a smalelr amount of damage compared to the punto!! some people shudnt be allowed to drive on the roads..they have no clue

TingTongTec

as my mate said if the suspension wasnt damaged i shouldve worn them as battle scars :D

away to the bodyshop on monday as well as my hire car arriving to, should have it back before end of month i hope!

TingTongTec

youll be pleased to know..........

its getting fixed, to say im delighted is an understatement!

a little bit of good is coming out of this, the stone chips on the front will no longer be there and ive decided to treat the car to a wee bit of colour coding on those bumper mouldings :D

mark_20vt

yaksamash...
Apr 2, 2006
king's lynn/ basingstoke
'whats happening to my car first mark bumps it'

i don't remember bumping it! i remember some twat of a taxi driver nudging it... don't really like colour coded bump strips but each to their own. surprised how well your taking the whole thing buddy. u get a whiplash claim or summit?!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.