leon tdi advise

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
looking to buy a leon se tdi

seen one on a Y reg with 73,000 miles o nthe clock, 2 owners, good condition, not had timing belt chnaged, all SEAT service history.

What is it worth?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
It is possible that the owner told the garage the car was serviced by that they didn't want / couldn't afford to change it now? But to me that sounds like someone who doesn't look after their car as well as they should?

Of course, that could be nonsense and they didn't change it as their garage / dealer told them they didn't need to and they took that advice. So there are always two sides to the story..

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Not everybody wants nor needs the top of the range car, or wants to spend thousands on it. As amazing as it sounds, to some people, a car is a mode of transport. Shocking, I know ;)

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
Not everybody wants nor needs the top of the range car, or wants to spend thousands on it. As amazing as it sounds, to some people, a car is a mode of transport. Shocking, I know ;)

for now a SE tdi will do me. I aint working and wont be for at least 6months.

When i start working and get at least another years ncb, i will get something better

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
sounds a fair plan b21playa

with regards to the cambelt change, ask dealer if they recall what they told the customer; may be noted on computer system; and would be worth doing if they have nothing - big bang = big bucks

DeeroTDI

Mar 12, 2007
And you think you'll get that for £4k?!

I've just spent £6k on my 52-reg TDI S that's done 52k miles, which is exactly what Parkers said it should be.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
My stealer told me that there's no set service interval for the timing belt - it just needed to be inspected at each service and changed when the inspection deemed it necessary. Allowably that was on my 1.4 - could be different on the diesel

chewedpencil

my X reg SE TDI 110 was 3790.....mint it is, and full seat dealer history, im the second owner too....

They are out there, and it wasnt off ebay either..

Only snag....125k when i got it at Christmas...

But it runs spot on, no crappy smoke, and ive just serviced it with genuine bits myself, which were also very cheap...!!

Steve

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
my X reg SE TDI 110 was 3790.....mint it is, and full seat dealer history, im the second owner too....

They are out there, and it wasnt off ebay either..

Only snag....125k when i got it at Christmas...

But it runs spot on, no crappy smoke, and ive just serviced it with genuine bits myself, which were also very cheap...!!

Steve

thanks mate

yeah i always service my own cars as well, using oem parts
when i finally manage to get one, i will prob buy vag-com as well for it

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
ok any update for those interested.

Got the car today, just under 89k on the clock, the keeper purchased it of his company (it was an ex company car - they had like 10 of them). full printed history, i managed to sepak to the garage owner, it was not done at SEAT bbut a local firm.

Belt changed at 63k

2002 02 plate se tdi
with original sat nav
front armrest

needs a good clean and polish

I managed to get it for a tidy sum of £3700

GordR

..git :D i was going to get that on Sat ... and i was going to pay 4k!!..man thats annoying lol!

Ah well good luck with it fella

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.