Ibiza cupra tdi remaped

Triple D

Mine used to vibrate, but tbh, it never bothered me, i just put it down to the damping be taken out of the drive plate as i had a sachs organic one in which is a solid plate as aposed to damped. But also i didnt care as i could get a new one for £89 from work :p

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Update. Been out in it tonight and the vibration had practicaly gone. The last time I had driven it was last nite when the map had just been put on. Been out tonight and floored it and 2000 in 5th and 6th and theres is hardly any vibration. Why would that be. Am happy mind.

Sounds like the ECU is still adapting then, that's good news.

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Mine does this vibration 1400-1800 rpm .. presumed flywheel (Star Perfomarnce 205bhp) .. but it only happens on slightly rough road on my commute.. rest of the time you cannot provoke it.. I just throttle back a little and drive around it. Questionable if you should be "lugging" it that much at that rpm.. should be in a lower gear if you want to be motoring.

MR OBD

Sooty
Apr 22, 2005
Sheffield
Id say the problem is the softwear personally :whistle:

And why is that mate? I see yours vibrated, was that all down to the mapping….. Might be why you went through a few hybrid turbos too?

To be honest its best not to floor it at low RPM in high gears - this is when the engine is pulling for its dear little life! You will find doing that in standard or modified it will cause problems, obviously with more power it will do it sooner than later.

I say drop it down a cog or just give it 50% throttle under 2K - that’s what I do and mine has been fine ever since.

T. Spark

Thats what you do now Mr OBD!! You'd shagged your std clutch by riding the high torque bands on your std beeza :p

Which proves its not really mapping that causes the clutch slip, just brings it on quicker due to increased performance, and the tendency to floor it at 1600rpm where you can feel the difference!!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
obviously was the ecu adapting good to hear all has worked out keep us updated with the dyno results mate!

MR OBD

Sooty
Apr 22, 2005
Sheffield
Thats what you do now Mr OBD!! You'd shagged your std clutch by riding the high torque bands on your std beeza :p

Which proves its not really mapping that causes the clutch slip, just brings it on quicker due to increased performance, and the tendency to floor it at 1600rpm where you can feel the difference!!

Yup - thats what I did, standard car riding the torque..... this was when I just got the car from moving up from a 1.2!! loved the feeling.

Clutch started slipping, changed my drivin and it stopped but I changed the clutch anyway!

1980maximus

Yeah same as my cupra TDI i have mine to a tee now drop the throttle at 2350rpm no dual mass flywheel vibration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1980maximus

Yeah i am for real if you are careful you can use the original clutch even with over 200bhp yee ha.................

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
What have you done to yours to get over 200BHP? there arent too many actual 200+ Cupra TDi's around (in reality).

But yes im running standard clutch too ;)

1980maximus

The car i boosting 210bhp & 320Ibsft of torque just with the remap, pipercross filter and allard intercooler pipework upgrade. Originally 169BHP at the wheels.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
whats the point in having 200bhp thru the front wheels only to have ti drive like miss daisy to get the power down.

Get the job done properly and get an uprated clutch.

non of this driving around the slip bollox

1980maximus

Amazing what gains you can get with just changing the intercooler pipework!!!!!!

1980maximus

Putting The paddle clutch gives the car an awful bite to the clutch pedal as i had in my leon cupra TDI.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members