Road Legal Tints...Post Pictures Please

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
i have a black leon FR...im considering geting tints...i dont want them too dark, but i want them a dark as i can legally go, does anybody have any pictures of theirs at the legal requirement???

much abliged!;)

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Your windows are probably at the legal limit already (well the fronts).

However you should be OK with a 20% tint at the front - well this seems to be the general concensus - still not legal though.

Im thinking of getting my black FR tinted at some point and will probably go 20% at the front and then maybe 30 or 40 on the rears.

Usual rule of thumb - dont take the p*ss and drive in a way that draws attention to yourself and you should be ok!

Domcj

As long as your no taking the mick, the police are ok, most police will be ok with seeing and outline of the driver and seeing the steering wheel be warned thought the tints will look darker on a black car than on a light colur car

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
do not touch your fronts
can do whatever you want with your rears

there's the legal stance and this is how i have mine

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
Its not worth the agro you could get. The reason you cant tint your fronts much is because you cant see anything at dusk with em tinted. Its a shame I know, cos I would love mine done, but it really isnt worth the legal bother, and theres a good reason why you shouldnt too. Sorry to be so negative.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
fronts are VERY close to the legal limit from standard, so you'd be wasting your time and money getting them any darker. You can do what you like to the rear, but then you don't want it to look like a van.

Up to you, as it's your money, but I'd spend the couple of hundred quid on other mods :)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
PassSide.jpg

these are how mine are done, did them within the first 3 days of getting the car
back windscreen too

cupra jay

oh i had this problem (got pulled last week and fined) the legal limit is a 30% reduction in light on the front window and for the rear you can go as dark as you want

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
That's some awful parking! FR+ driver should be ashamed.

cupra jay - Did you get away with just a fine, or with a rectification order too? Most cases I've been told about have involved the driver having to get rid of them and take the car to an MOT station to be signed off as legal again.

If you get away with it, great, happy days. If not, it's a lot of money to lose and a painful experience watching your tints be peeled off. But then, we all push our luck, be in tints, speed, number plates or anything else.

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs

cupra jay - Did you get away with just a fine, or with a rectification order too? Most cases I've been told about have involved the driver having to get rid of them and take the car to an MOT station to be signed off as legal again.

If you get away with it, great, happy days. If not, it's a lot of money to lose and a painful experience watching your tints be peeled off. But then, we all push our luck, be in tints, speed, number plates or anything else.

He parks there everday, about 5mm between splitter and kerb.

cupra jay

got away with just a fine, still not peeled them off coz im going to sell them with the car i think :D

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
Since this is a public place - Yes I do drive at 70mph ;)

The difference in tints and speeding is the fact that it doesnt cost you anything to start with to speed, but tints do, I personally wouldnt like to pay hundreds for something that could get you a fine and a fee to remove the tints!

And for the record I do drive within the speed limit in town, I dont care how far up my bumper the pikey in the barried up corsa wants to get, theres nothing cool about running people over.

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
this is my first leon.

i think it had 20% on the back window and 35% everywhere else. never had any issues, was pulled once but it was for my headlights. oops.

2lu9bmp.jpg