Road Legal Tints...Post Pictures Please

markgre

not sure, but had a friendly PC Plod have a look while admiring the motor just after they were done and he was happy they were okay.

The backs are alot darker than the fronts but it doesn't seem to show much difference. It depends how you look at them !

mkm250680

Feb 6, 2007
Leicester
these are my tints which were on the ar when i bought it not sure what they are tho but had no probs with police so far!!
IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t212/mkm250680/DSC00052.jpg[/IMG]

mkm250680

Feb 6, 2007
Leicester
These are mine which were on the car when i bought it i havent had no probs with police!! (yet)
DSC00052.jpg

Timmbo71

Quit your jibber jabber!!
Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
Hi guys. had my platuim grey lcr tinted few months ago, think was 35% on front, and either same or slightly lighter on rear. really wonted it to blend all way round! well happy now as dnt look blocky loke some tints. in my opion, u have to have full tins, or car will look silly with just rears tinted. [B)]

Jan 3, 2006
East Kilbride
Here's a side on view of mine. 55% Front and 35% rears basiacaaly a light smoke on the front and a medium smoke on the rears.

CIMG0509.jpg

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Looks very good. I had that same level of tint on my old Focus and thought it was spot on. Would love to do the same to the Leon.

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
hmm.. i must be wrong with my [ercdentages then. as it only let n 20% light on the back and 35% light on the rest. must have had it wrong. but it wsd likr yours mate

Fallen Angel

Leon Cupra 1.8T 20v 180
If the legal limit is 30%, what percentage tint can you put on if the windows are already tinted slightly? I want my yellow one done but i've always been a little wary about getting done for them, LEicester police don't like em, got done in my other halfs black KA, granted they were definately illegal but was still annoying trying to remove them!

cupra jay

you should still do 30%, as far as im aware they'l give you a little room 2 play, i only got busted coz mine was 41%

Deancadman

I have recently had my Leon cupra windows done with 20% tint all round, its still pretty easy to see in to the car and so i doubt i will have any problems with the police regarding it, the seem to be happy if they can see you and whoever else is in the car.
I say this because for the past 5 years my 4x4 has had 35% on rear and 20% on fronts and i have never been stopped for that.
If you want to be 100% legal you cant touch your front windows and there is no limit to the rears.
But at the end of the day if you drive like a nob or a copper wants to pull you over for a random check they can always use it as an excuse.
I guess its the same priciple as personal number plates if you take the pi** they will tug you for it.
anyway my yellow cupra looks cool with 20% tints and if i have to buy a couple of front windows from a scrappers to switch them and get my pink slip stamped at an MOT station (if i ever get one) who cares.. :)

good luck..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.