Looking at buying a cupra tomorrow.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
gex18 - I wouldn't suggest just turning the Engine Management Light off and leaving it to see if it comes back on, is a very good idea to be honest as it's come on for a reason, regardless of how small or big the problem is! It doesn't means it's a :censored: one as they tend to come on all the time! Very sensitive little cars these...bless them...

If the garage said they will sort it, then trust they will do so, but just make sure you get some sort of proof they have put it on proper diagnostics and not just turned it off like you can do...don't drive it away until it's fixed!

There really is no point trying to guess what could be wrong now, as it really could be anything!

They are strong cars and if it has had one owner with full service history then you would think (generally speaking) that you're probably onto a good deal, you just need to make sure you get someone to look at it THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try not to worry, you have made a good choice! They are great cars...

Last edited:

gex18

Mar 30, 2007
Last edited:

gex18

Mar 30, 2007
Well i wont be collecting the car on wednesday as planned as I am having the cam belt changed before i coillect it, to be on the safe side (that 'honestjohn' link worried me lol), got quoted £230 which isnt too bad i suppose.

SO i will hopefully be collecting thursday, I hope i get it in time as I have a meet to attend on sunday:funk:

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
If you are changing the cambelt make sure that you fit a new water pump at the same time, but one with a brass impellor instead of the original one with the shite plastic impellor. About £30 from GSF and others. It is a common weakpoint on the 1.8T engines.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise