Tried to take some arty night time shots.....

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
Tried to take some arty night time shots.....**UPDATED**

....and i'm sh*t!! these are the only two that are reasonable.

DSCF0165.jpg

DSCF0161.jpg

Need to play around with the settings on the camera too as it's new.

Anyone know any spots for taking cool night time photos in/around aberdeen?

Cheers

Danny

Last edited:

skidder

BERK! FEED ME
Aug 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Thanks....ha ha

Had the car for 2 years now. I;ll post some other pictures i took recently which are better!!

Just checking, when I bought mine a few months back I looked at one out at Inverurie and thought it might be that one. Not many going about in Blue, stands out in a crowd.

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
Does your camera allow you to set the white balance?

Yeah i think so, like i say its new and to be honest i haven't really used a 'proper' camera before so i'm still playing with it......not very well obviously ha ha.

Skidder - it is a bit unusual, i've only seen one other in aberdeen, had to go down to perth to get this one, spent a while looking for it too.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
basically go to the white balance setting and see if it lets you reset it using current lighting conditions, itll lighten things a little then use a tripod and a slightly longer exposure and youre laughing.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
looks good danny
looks like you still got the rs6's on there? what happened with the new wheels

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
Had a mare with them!! they are suposed to be freshly refurbed, balanced etc, got them home and find out that one has a hairline crack, and another is slightly buckled. ****ing livid!! and the boy i bought them from is not giving a refund etc etc so i'm in the process of an ebay dispute.

skidder

BERK! FEED ME
Aug 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Had a mare with them!! they are suposed to be freshly refurbed, balanced etc, got them home and find out that one has a hairline crack, and another is slightly buckled. ****ing livid!! and the boy i bought them from is not giving a refund etc etc so i'm in the process of an ebay dispute.

If you get things sorted out with the wheels or get other wheels, give me a shout if the RS6's are up for grabs i'd be interested in taking them off your hands. :D

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
When shooting low light if your camera will allow it, you'll want to set it to 'Shutter Priority' mode which will allow you to control the shutter speed and the camera will work out the rest.

Tripod is a must as theres no way you'll be able to hand hold during a long exposure. Start with a 1sec exposure, see how that comes out then increase/decrease shutter speed as required.

A remotely operated shutter would also help keep the images sharp. If you cannot get a remote for your camera then use the self timer function. This will eliminate any vibrations from you pressing buttons on the camera.

Following those simple steps will massively improve anyones night shooting :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise