Spraying Cupra alloys

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
I fancying spraying the standard Cupra wheels anthracite, anyone painted their wheels and have any tips?

I'm thinking wet+dry from rough down to smooth and a good few layers of paint and lacquer.

Will the paint take to the plastic centre caps aswell as the alloy section?

blackie

I'm Tyrannosaurus Alan!!!
Heres a photoshop of my car if it hekps was gonna do the same but want brembos :D

cupraphotoshop.jpg

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
Done them today, look good :) Photos up soon.

It still has to settle a bit after being on axle stands all day, so look a bit high at the moment.

Last edited:

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
sorry to hijack the thread, but what would be a good colour for me to go for when i powder coat my wheels, (please bear in mind i will need to spray my plastic caps so it cant be a wacky colour;) )

l_9c1f6712c927e706fd110682662b9e89.jpg

was thinking black but would it be too much against the red?

also i have some very minor curbing (from last owner) what is the best way of getting rid of it before powder coating? was thinking of getting a little pack of hard gel stuff like they sell at hellfrauds and having a go at that.

RD84

Simon! Recognised your car as soon as i seen it earlier on, My mate is gutted at the moment haha, ive been giving him a hard time. You pulled past us with relative ease. You used to have a Silver Saxo am I right? I remember talking to you on saxosportsclub a long time ago.
Cheers Russell

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
:lol:

Alright mate. Yeah i did have a silver VTR before. I've got a rubbish memory, i have no idea who you are. Did you previously have a saxo?

Was the S3 a 210 or 225? I'm guessing it was standard?

I've never came up against an S3 before, so wondered how how my car would do. I got my answer :)

RD84

Yeh I had a green VTR, have a Onvi Mk3 cupra now, live in dumbarton.
Its a 210, but he bought it with star remap already on. It felt a little sluggish from normal, fair play to you though lol, are you on standard turbo? I havnt even had mine mapped yet, need2get it done defo soon.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise