How to install the old stereo back in Leon

Cupra_singh

HI all,

as the title says, i installed an aftermarket system a little while ago which was faulty in turn thought id put the existing stereo back in, in doing this i found that the system would not (click) or hold back in its existing way. Ive had a look at the clips etc an there is nothing out of the ordinary and compared it with a friend of mine's also. Is there something that i am doing wrong?

thanks in advance

Bobby :whistle:

Cupra_singh

Yup ive taken the blanking plate along with the cage, just cant get the original system to click back as it were - it can be pulled forward quite easily...

mattcymru

Jan 31, 2007
Bit of a resurrection here...
ive got the same problem after removing my standard HU to check some wiring, the bugger wont click back in!! has anyone sorted this?

mattcymru

Jan 31, 2007
yeah basically! shouldnt really be an issue hopefully though as ive decided to change the aura tape player for an alpine mp3 head unit now!

thanks for helping though

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
The side parts will actually be worn, this happens with the Toledo too as it has the same fascia/surround.

Two options really, live with it - or buy a new fascia surround panel.

Or bang in another aftermarket headunit in a cage :)

Mister_E

Jun 12, 2006
I had issues when reinnstalling the head unit in my old mk4 golf - used brute force to get it to click into place as it was sticking out by 1 or 2mm

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.