Is this Leon TDI the one for me?

daz_pd

Apr 15, 2007
N.Ireland
HELP!
Ive been looking at a Leon Tdi 130 today, its the SE spec and it has a full service History (was a fleet car)
its got 58k on the clock and they want £8995 for it. what do you think?

Bodywork is dent free and paintwork in excellent condition(few small chips) as is the interior with all gizmos working

i took it for a test drive and it seemed nice. there are a few things i noticed though (probably not serious)
1- The gearchange seemed to feel a little 'loose/soft' maybe im used to the rock hard gearchange in my C2 GT, should it be soft?
2- The steering wheel while driving staight is 'slightly' to the left.

i also mentioned the 60k service and they said they would throw that in (timing belt etc)

skidder

BERK! FEED ME
Aug 9, 2006
Aberdeen
HELP!
Ive been looking at a Leon Tdi 130 today, its the SE spec and it has a full service History (was a fleet car)
its got 58k on the clock and they want £8995 for it. what do you think?

Bodywork is dent free and paintwork in excellent condition(few small chips) as is the interior with all gizmos working

i took it for a test drive and it seemed nice. there are a few things i noticed though (probably not serious)
1- The gearchange seemed to feel a little 'loose/soft' maybe im used to the rock hard gearchange in my C2 GT, should it be soft?
2- The steering wheel while driving staight is 'slightly' to the left.

i also mentioned the 60k service and they said they would throw that in (timing belt etc)

Steering wheel slightly left is a common thing on the leon I beleive, Im sure its been mentioned before, try a search. Unless you have a major pull to one side or uneven tyre wear its not too much to worry about. Got the same myself

daz_pd

Apr 15, 2007
N.Ireland
thanks guys, was concerned about the steering thing, is there anything else i should look out for?
also, if i was to get a FR bodykit(bumpers, skirts, strips), would it fit straight on easy enough?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members