Leon Stinks!

didsi

I Want an LCR!
Aug 25, 2006
Hi guys, yesterday i used aircon for first time in about 6 month! worked brilliantly but problem is after i turned it off and put normal fans on, it stinks!
does any1 know why? taa

cobraman2007

Feb 28, 2007
Dead body under the bonnet.

Could perhaps be the fact that it hasn't been used for a while and the coolant which works the aircon may be full up of oderous smells picked up over the winter months.

To be truthful, I haven't a clue but it sounds good doesn't it?

Cheers - Cobraman2007:lol:

FINN

Nov 21, 2006
Northern Ireland - Belfast
Yep, it's bacteria and crap that has grown in your air con system. If you pop along to your local car accessory shop you will be able to buy stuff to clean the system.

I know comma make a product that comes in a can. You simply turn the air con on and hit the recirculation button on the dash. Open the can and let it do its stuff , but make sure you are not in the car or your lungs will get the same treatment :D . Hay presto..job done.

I have yet to try it but I’ve seen a few posts about this stuff and it’s supposed to be good.

Hope this helps.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
If the spray can doesn't work, replace your pollen filter as this is where the bacteria live. Just make sure you re-fit the pollen filter cover properly after doing this, as it's a favourite place for leaks to start.

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
This is why you need to run your air con for at least an hour a week to keep the crap from building up as it is actually dangerous to your health some of the nasties that breed in there

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
To avoid this in future, turn on our air-con ocassionaly, so that it keeps the system functional and all the interior parts clean, lubricated and fully operational.

Ive had that in the past with other cars too

Cyclone

I used that Comma stuff. Worked a treat, think it was about £12-ish from Halfords.

Just don't put the can too close upholstry because it soaks it!

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
air-con should be used at least once a week for 10mins minimum so that it gets a good use; also it is know the legionnaires can be harboured if not used/cleaned on a regular basis.

It also stated in your manual; at least it was in my pug and just carried that forward.

Mar 5, 2007
Friday 20th April - The Daily Mail reads: Didsi dies of legionnaires. Death linked to DEADLY Spanish cars.

BAN THIS SICK FILTH EXCUSE OF A CAR.

AoS

It is mine, all mine.....
Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
Mine does that all the time, always has from Day 1, even after Air Con service, its does go after a while, I just assumed thats what it did!:confused:

mc

Jan 15, 2006
Birmingham
I heard that its good after having the aircon on for a while to turn the heat up to maximum for a few minutes to dry out anything that may condense in the pipes?

skidder

BERK! FEED ME
Aug 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Yep, good idea to keep it running now again, I bought a 306 TDS with air con. The guy who had it before me hardly ran the car, and thought using the air con would "eat up the diesel". Turned out he needed a new compressor, condensor, hard pipes cos the fluid had sat stagnant for so long and knackered the pump etc. Ended up being a false ecomomy for him in the end. Meant i got a practically new air con system when i bought it off him though :clap:

STPCG

Enzo Ferrari next :-)
Nov 10, 2006
Lincolnshire
Mine is about to have a service and the Seat Guys recon leaving the aircon in Auto all year round is very good for the air con as the pump will cut in and out to regulate the temp but will keep the system working well. I guess the guy before me didn't as we think there is no gas in the system :cry: £80 for re gas until warenty is up :(

fr.gif
2005 FR+ in Black Magic

minxycov

Mine smells of rotten eggs every so often :( (Or that could just be the bf making excuses :shrug:)

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
I regassed my car on sunday, it helps working for a company that makes refrigerated products as it basically cost me £6 to do it as thats all the refrigerant is at cost. Don't know how these companies that charge £80 sleep at night.

STPCG

Enzo Ferrari next :-)
Nov 10, 2006
Lincolnshire
Peter whats the chance of you know what in the future? Just down the road and all that :D

fr.gif
2005 FR+ in Black Magic

davetherave

Bow chicka wowwow
Mar 29, 2006
West Yorks
Similar problem Didsi - now the warm weathers kicking in on comes the a/c but got a honk too, may nip to Halfords at the weekend and pick up the Comma stuff or equivalent. :blink:

Dave

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.