Leon gives me a heart attack

skidder

BERK! FEED ME
Aug 9, 2006
Aberdeen
After 8 months of relativly pain free motoring since I got my cupra, had a slight situation getting home. All was well, came to a nice busy roundabout, pulled away and then there was a judder then an almighty whoooosh sound. Great! why do these things happen at peak traffic time:censored: ?
Panic sets in, turbo!dump valve!burst hose! Managed to nurse the car to a quiet area and had a look under the bonnet. Found the culprit, hose had blown of the Forge re-circ valve that I fitted a few months ago. Slipped back it on, retighten the jubilee clip and away I went again good as new.
REMEMBER TO CHECK THOSE JUBILEE CLIPS PEOPLE, got home and re-checked all mine to be sure. Heart BPM has returned to normal (just)

Oh and a big thank you to all my fellow motorists who thought the best way to help me was to flash their headlights, toot their horns and give those ever helpful dissaproving looks as they went by. That really improved my situation. Cheers

skidder

BERK! FEED ME
Aug 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Ha ha ha, thankfully no. No dodgy pit crews ready to "change my wheels for bricks" Bridge of Dee roundabout, only another 3 or 4 roundabouts, 40 million traffic lights and uphill to get home.

ando

Mar 25, 2005
homepage.eircom.net
Oh and a big thank you to all my fellow motorists who thought the best way to help me was to flash their headlights, toot their horns and give those ever helpful dissaproving looks as they went by. That really improved my situation. Cheers

yeap, gotta love those idiots that think your just messing around.... My clutch pedal broke a few days ago in traffic, so there i was in the middle of a busy road with my hazzards on, couldnt move cause it was a hill so i basically just had to sit there until help came. I got loads and loads of beeps and "what the f**k are you doin!!"

lexie

i feel for you mate, my gear linkage went in my corsa when i was turning right while on a hill. wouldn't go into 2nd, then wouldn't go back into 1st and all the time i was coasting towards an x5 waiting to pull out. scared the sh*t out of me

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.