Anyone heard of "Perfect touch"

mk1golf_jack

Golf nut
Mar 13, 2007
Herts
Hi im going to get me ibiza cupra remapped and have looked up various companies, revo, Amd etc, A work collegue told me about a company in Hoddesdon called perfect touch, they told me it would be done through the diagnostic port and would be circa £450. It is a custom remap not a generic one like revo. I did ask if they have done ibizas before and he said yeh quite a few. Just wanting to know if anyone has had this done and is it any good? Thanks alot. Also i have searched and could not find anything, might be my bad eyes though!

Jack

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
I think there are a few people on here who went to a group rr day at perfect touch, near milton keynes? if so then i think they are ggod! Ask cupraTgirl.

mk1golf_jack

Golf nut
Mar 13, 2007
Herts
custom haha. makes me giggle every time, cue mork stage left!!!

it going to be exactly the same as revo then? can you explain?

cheers acidstrato and steve gti but as im new i cant pm people (i dont think) so i hope cupratgirl sees this.

Its ideal for me as im local to go there, i have nothing against the likes of revo etc, im jus open to all options,

Cheers for quick reply

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
it going to be exactly the same as revo then? can you explain?

the problem is the definition of 'custom' remap

since it would take alot longer than an hour or 2 to develop a map from scratch. it is more likely they download the existing map, tweak it and then upload the tweaked map to the car. now it might be that the 'custom' remap can take full advantage of modifications such as a different turbo because something like revo will have been designed for the standard turbo. but really thats about the jist of it

the ecu can adapt to modifications like an air filter change or an fmic no problem so at the end of the day, 'custom' means diddly on a car running basic mods

however at 450quid its hardly a rip off whether its 'custom' or generic so it doesnt matter much

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
there is a place over here called obd autotune who if i wasnt happy with revo, id have gone to, they upload a base map, tweak it and run diagnostics after for around 300 quid so 450 is relatively expensive in fact every bit as revo though its tried and tested.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Its ideal for me as im local to go there, i have nothing against the likes of revo etc, im jus open to all options,

Cheers for quick reply

Perhaps it's best to look at the 'other' things offered by tuners

- Money back guarantees
- Extended Warranty
- Amount of R&D they put into what they do
- Location in case you have to go back
- Maybe if you are looking to tune the car further in the future what opportunities they offer.

I.e, do a list of Pro's and Con's cos circa £450 is a fair but to spend

mk1golf_jack

Golf nut
Mar 13, 2007
Herts
the problem is the definition of 'custom' remap

since it would take alot longer than an hour or 2 to develop a map from scratch. it is more likely they download the existing map, tweak it and then upload the tweaked map to the car. now it might be that the 'custom' remap can take full advantage of modifications such as a different turbo because something like revo will have been designed for the standard turbo. but really thats about the jist of it

the ecu can adapt to modifications like an air filter change or an fmic no problem so at the end of the day, 'custom' means diddly on a car running basic mods

however at 450quid its hardly a rip off whether its 'custom' or generic so it doesnt matter much

He did say he would need the car all day! That might mean a 2 hour remap then a 6 hour road test lol. But his main selling point was every map he does is bespoke. He also said that if i had any mods thereafter he would only charge an hour or two in labour to set it up on the rollers. i did ask what if i had intercooler and air filter with exhaust and he said if you fit them before it would still be £450

To me it sounded quite a good deal, the other company odb autotune for £300 sounded good but it would cost me another £300 to get to belfast so prob not my best option.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
To me it sounded quite a good deal, the other company odb autotune for £300 sounded good but it would cost me another £300 to get to belfast so prob not my best option.

Haha , no thats not what I meant!, i was suggesting that for the 300 I mentioned theres bound to be other companies doing roughly the same for the same money.
If you want to try and reduce prices why not ask about group buys, ie 3,4,5+cars etc.

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Hi im going to get me ibiza cupra remapped and have looked up various companies

Have you looked at P-Torque? They mapped my car for £250 and I got pretty decent figures on the RR considering. They also offer a moneyback gurantee if not happy.

Depends on whether you can be arsed to mission up to the midlands to get it done. Money well spent in my eyes

mk1golf_jack

Golf nut
Mar 13, 2007
Herts
Yeah i know what you meant, was just having a laugh. as for group buy i think a sample of rocking horse excrement would be easier to find then rounding up 5 people that would steer from the likes of revo. Thanks for the ideas though, Very useful.

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
Sorry! I think there was one at perfect touch! Or i have been working to hard and making things up!

adrian2006uk

like somebody has already said P-Torque the owner will is top bloke and will do good job has time to explain things and will set car up to the best standard for a good price i have taken 3 cars to him with all good results top bloke

Ryan cupra

Boooooost!
Oct 11, 2005
Maidstone, Kent
I dont know much about "perfect touch" but i do know they have a punto GT turbo running a quoted 280bhp! which is very impressive! the car seems to be pretty reliable so far from what i have heard aswell!

definatly worth investigating them!:)

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
I dont know much about "perfect touch" but i do know they have a punto GT turbo running a quoted 280bhp! which is very impressive! the car seems to be pretty reliable so far from what i have heard aswell!

definatly worth investigating them!:)

280BHP:-o Just need a set of wings now...lol

Bonzy1800

Back in a SEAT
Sep 16, 2005
jersey
sorry old post, i have been to perfect touch about a year ago had my ibiza cupra there for a power run.
excellent service and brilliant rollers (dastek dynameters), wanted to get my LCR for a power run this week but they are fully booked due to TOTB, also iv been in that punto it goes very well huge amount of turbo lag!! also is quite loud but goes very well for a 1.4