Quick Clutch Question

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
Clutch is very hard - and biting point is about an inch from the floor and starting to crunch alot when putting in to reverse...

time for a new clutch and cable?

and how comes the biting is sooo low?

cheers

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
Could be your clutch sensor, this caused all sorts of problems on mine, tbh it could be loads of things! Just hope it's not your clutch!

CupraTgirl - Is yours still clicking?

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
forgot to mention sometimes it sticks to the bottom and i have to raise it up with my foot -

CupraTgirl- cant say ive noticed a click sound - although ive normally got music up to notice but will have a check tonight to see if this it does - if it does click, what do you think it is?

Its been hard for a while now - but didnt really pay attention to it until my leg started hurting - lol - o and the crunching in reverse is appearing more then often.

Does anybody know the price for a new clutch or other parts i might need?

cheers peoples!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
forgot to mention sometimes it sticks to the bottom and i have to raise it up with my foot -

CupraTgirl- cant say ive noticed a click sound - although ive normally got music up to notice but will have a check tonight to see if this it does - if it does click, what do you think it is?

Its been hard for a while now - but didnt really pay attention to it until my leg started hurting - lol - o and the crunching in reverse is appearing more then often.

Does anybody know the price for a new clutch or other parts i might need?

cheers peoples!

I'm not sure, i have heard it may mean the pedal box is going although i thought if the pedal box goes it just 'goes'

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
CupraTGirl - Seen alot of threads on pedal boxes - and from the way others have described it - i would know if it had snapped - lol - but thanks

Philw - how much for a new master cylinder? and should i get a new clutch while im at it as the car is on 67K.

cheers

TommyCupra

Just Like That
Mar 30, 2005
West Yorks
CupraTGirl - Seen alot of threads on pedal boxes - and from the way others have described it - i would know if it had snapped - lol - but thanks

Philw - how much for a new master cylinder? and should i get a new clutch while im at it as the car is on 67K.

cheers

mines doing exactly what yours is.

had the master and slave cylinder changed at PSI (£100 parts and 2hours labour) and although its better it still crunches. Am saving for a new clutch next hoping its that as mines on 68k

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
thanks tommny - ill get those and a new clutch aswell -
just have to sweet talk my brother to do it now - he has already done the timing belt and service - lol

updated us when you get your new clutch done to see if it solves problem.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Put your foot behind the clutch pedal and pull it out.

IF its not slipping dont worry about it.

Master cylinder is about 50 quid from ECP.

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
I do that and the pedal stays up - its only stayed down about 4 times in the past 8 months so not very often - once i lift it up it stays up -

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
phil waht do you mean by your last post?

pull it when i gets stuck or pull it when its up and something magical will happen?

HoocH

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.