ughhhhh!!! :(

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
came out to my car this morning to find someone had decided to key it!!

all down the drivers side, from the rear light (they scratched that too) all the way to the front wing!

why fo some people have to be such (insert offensive word of your choice here)

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
argh am really gutted to hear this mate :(

Has happened to me twice as well and i still havent got it fixed from the second time :(

Let me know if you find somewhere decent near reading to get it sorted!

Good luck matey!

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Me too mate, but hoping that i may be able to polish mine out.

May be worth having a look on www.detailingworld.co.uk if any of the detailers local to you can take a look and see if they can polish it out. It'll be worth asking, as i've seen miracles on there recently.

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
my house mate at uni has got his electric buffer thing here, gonna give that a go as some bits arent too deep, but some are right down to the primer, possiby deeper! so i know that those bits arent gonna get a whole lot better, but its worth a try

im not gonna be having it looked at properly til i go home for summer (Reading), so il defo let u know if i come across any good around Reading to get it sorted Ninja

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
May be worth using the machine polisher with something like menzerna IP to see if that gets rid of the scratches, but dont use a shitty polisher, as it wont have enough power to get rids if the damage.

matsportline

Dec 26, 2006
Bloody ba*tards!! Remember speaking to you at spring fest and how clean your car was lookin!! can't leave your car anywhere these days without living in fear that when you come back to it some chavy ba*tard has damaged it!! My bros corrado g60 was kicked in the rear quarter and that had to go to the bodyshop!!! was for absolutely no reason!! All the best, I hope you get it sorted I know a good bodyshop in bournemouth but he doesn't come cheap!!
Matt:lol:

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames

*****! sorry to hear about that mate. People that do this kind of thing are just scum of the earth!!

I'm trying to sell my old bonnet at the moment which has got astra vents on it.........which i put in after someone put a screw driver through the bonnet one night!!!!

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
happened to me accept the person who did mine dented body work costing me £150 plus £20 for paint this is cheap as he is going to do all dings and other little scratchs

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
a guy in oxford who does is from home hes very good taken few cars to him im gettin my scratchs out next week so will have sum pics up then.

all down the drivers side, from the rear light (they scratched that too) all the way to the front wing!

why fo some people have to be such (insert offensive word of your choice here)

I know how you feel, I went to tesco today, was in there for about 5 min, came back and I now have a lovely key scratch from the front of my drivers door all the way back [:@]

Words cannot describe how angry I was, I've only had the car just over 6 months.

I cant believe someone would do it, and in the middle of the day!!!

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
im gonna have a go at doing mine my self

gonna get a really fine brush, but was also recommened to use a sharpened match stick or cocktail sitck, or even a small bit of rolled up paperto build up paint in the scratch, as some parts of mine are really deep, and then flat it off with wet and dry paper, then buff with a mop etc etc...

hopefully i wont make it worse than it is... but when im doing it myself i can take as long as i need so should be ok

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
I know how you feel, I went to tesco today, was in there for about 5 min, came back and I now have a lovely key scratch from the front of my drivers door all the way back [:@]

Words cannot describe how angry I was, I've only had the car just over 6 months.

I cant believe someone would do it, and in the middle of the day!!!

and thats terrible am sorry to hear that too :(

Cant believe it was done in the middle of the day.. Mine was always done at night and at the weekend :(

PAUL HEV

Bananna Bomber!!
Sep 30, 2006
grasmere cumbria
bloody hell!! screwdriver through the bonnet!!

my house mate used to work in a body shop and he is pretty confident we will be able to get the scratch out using his machine polisher... using polishing compound or something...

while he was telling me that, he showed me these, pretty useful for dent removal:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/501379/remove_car_dent_with_airduster

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/494805/remove_car_dents_with_dry_ice

were could i get the co2 from for doing the dent removal anybody know??

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
Im presuming you can just get the paint pots from the dealers then ?

i think so... my last car was a polo in flash red, and i still have the touch up paint from that, so prob the same colour, but will check first

it annpys me so much when i think about someone deciding to key a car!

when someone breaks in to steal a stereo, yeh its annoying, probably worse, but u can see their motive... but when u just key a car... u cant gain from it... i just dont understand it!?!

i think a friend of mine summed it up best when he said "some people are only alive because its illegal to kill them"

haha