'99 20V SE Roof Bars

Jonah_Fro

Hi,

I'm after a set of roof bars for a '99 Toledo 20V SE to carry a couple of surf boards.

Thule do a set that mount into the roof points, but they're about £130 which is way over budget.

Does anyone know of any cheaper mouting point bars?, or...

...I've seen loads of bars on eBay that clamp onto the roof over the doors. I used a set like this on my Beetle a few years ago and had trouble with scratches and paint chips. Any idea if the Toledo or these clamp on roof bars are more forgiving?

Thanks

Jon

thesonny

UNV This
Nov 20, 2006
i have a set of seat toledo roof bars sat in my garage the i will never use.
IM me if you are interested

Jonah_Fro

Thanks

Thanks a lot.

I've found a pair locally for a very, very reasonable price, but if they don't turn out to be Kosher, I'll be in touch.

Cheers

Jon

Jonah_Fro

oops

OK, so they dont fit my car.

Are the ones you guys still offered available?

I watched a couple of pairs go on ebay for £40-50 tonight so thats how much I'm looking at paying.

Waddya reckon?

Cheers

thesonny

UNV This
Nov 20, 2006
Yeah I would be happy to sell for around that price. Make me an offer! I am based in Reading by the way

redv5

Sep 3, 2002
Hampshire
I've also got Roof bars suitable for an early MkII Toledo (non-screw fitting).
I'm in the NE Hampshire region.

Jonah_Fro

Just like buses...

... only reliable. :D

How can I get in touch with you other than through the forum?

Am definately interested. Before I get excited, they are the hook in ones, not the screw mount ones yeah?

Cheers

Jon

redv5

Sep 3, 2002
Hampshire
Can you enable messagin on your user profile and I'll send you my home email address. I'd rather not post it on an open forum as I'll be bombarded with people offering me ways to make money by forwarding some money to people in parts of Africa.

Jonah_Fro

Think I've turned it on. When I tried accessing Private Messaging from the control panel i was told I didn't have permission. I have turned on the receive emails from members option. So hopefully that will work.

Cheers

topbloke77

the 99 Toledo has a different fitting to 2000 onwards. I know as I bought roof bars for my one.

I was £40 from http://www.cooksmotor.co.uk/ . They were very helpful and knew exactly the specific bars I needed. Id call them and explain and they'll sort you out.

topbloke77

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.