engine fault light and no brake lights - Not brake switch

TCDD

I have a 2004 TDi 130 toledo, a few weeks ago the warning light for the coils/ecu started flashing, i also lost my brake lights and cruise control, I put a new brake switch in thinking it would fix the lights/cruise but to no avail, any ideas as to what is causing this problem, not to worried about the flashing light, but i need brake lights....

ta

TCDD

we put it on a box at a mates garage, unfortunately it didnt seem to want to communicate that day...

I was just wondering if anyone knows of anything off the top of their head (other than the switch, which is all i could think of) the two things MAY be unconnected...

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Have you fitted the switch correctly, they can be fairly tricky to click in right so the ratchet sets correctly.

However have you checked the brake light bulbs? Normally if a switch fails the lights come on all the time. If yours aren't working then I would think both bulbs have blown, this also registers the same fault and the coil light flashes.

thesonny

UNV This
Nov 20, 2006
is the bar across the boot working cos they are LEDs so if that is not working there is definitely some sort of failure. Have you checked the fuses? It should tell you in your owners manual which fuses relates to what.

TCDD

Techie, I will have a look at that, would the cruise control go off as well as a safety precaution?

The bulbs are all ok, i guess its time to go back to the garage...

Last edited by a moderator:

TCDD

Cheers for the help guys, it would appear it was the brale switch after all, just that the local seat dealer sold me two faulty ones in a row... now that inspires confidence.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.