Petrol consumption info - Cupra TDI, FR TDi and LCR owners please

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Petrol consumption info - Cupra TDI, FR TDi and LCR AND NOW LC owners please

Please note: This now applies to Leon Cupra petrol owners too!

Ok, this is following on from the ideas posted on page 2 of this thread: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122619

We need to collect certain information about the two cars and I think the best way to do this, is to ask for the advice and information from owners of each car.

So, can Leon Cupra R, Leon Cupra (petrol) and Leon Cupra TDi or FR TDi (150bhp) owners please post your average MPG over the course of an average week. Also, please post the average miles to a tank you achieve.

This isn't the range or MPG you can get if you race it everywhere, nor is it the MPG you can get if you drive like a granny all day. It's the average you get on a normal week in the life of you.

Please simply post your car model, if it is standard, your MPG and the range you get from one tank. No more information and no chat on this thread please.

At the end of this week I will go through and take the average for each model.

For reference and to save confusion, modified is remapped or more. Standard is standard mapping, even if you have a new air filter or exhaust.

I'll start...

Car: Standard Leon Cupra R
MPG: 27MPG
Range: 300 miles

Last edited:

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
Car: Leon FR tdi 150
MPG: 44MPG
Range: 500 miles

I just did a trip to Inverness and back 380 round trip. Started my journey with 3/4 of a tank light just came on when I was in the end of my street.
MPG 54.7 and was showing 580 miles on the odometer and 70miles showing left. Thats sitting at 60-70mph and the odd blast to overtake

Last edited:

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
Why dont you add the LC petrol to this as well for comparison. From reading this post their seems to be a bit of a difference between the LCR and LC (petrol)

Car: LC (Petrol)
MPG: 30 - 34
Range: 350 - 380 miles

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
Actually thinking about it, wouldn't it be useful to list all models of leons. Then we could put together a chart or something with the real MPG and ranges of all the different models. That would be very useful for a newbie.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members